The simple things in life!

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #5680 by Jon
As the years roll on and the older I get, the less remains possible but the more valuable the smaller things become.

When life seems to become a drag and nothing seems to work then all I have to do is look around me. There is so much to see, apreciate, to discover. Like a daisy in a field, it is all there for the picking.

Some of these smaller moments can say so much about the greatness of our universe:

-for wisdom and the natural beauty of age I contemplate the bonzai tree on my balcony. I go outside, and just enjoy watering it and looking at it.

-i taste the love of my wife by savouring the food she cooks for me. I close my eyes and let every bit of taste run through my body. My current passion are panadas, a pastry pie.

-i feel the power of a mighty ocean and its waves, when I put my Davidoff aftershave on after a refreshing wet shave.

-i let myself go in the rapids of time and enjoy the caressing words of another. I stop and listen to people when they talk to me.

-i enjoy the gentle touches of a summer rain on my face. The is enough of that in the woody hills of the Black Forest.

...simplicity for me is to be connected with sincerity, serenity and to each of my senses.

Being who I am is simple, I give my brain a rest from it’s roaming. The meaning of life the universe and everything looses its neccessity. Life becomes a lovely simple day full of understated moments. I still love being with people, but I’m also simply passionate about being alone. These quiet and solitary spaces for myself is not an escape but it’s simply being me.

Simplicity is a way of finding myself back to the core of who I really am. It is an authentic honesty.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #5686 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:The simple things in life!
“As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.”

Henry David Thoreau

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #5687 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:The simple things in life!
\"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.\"

Robert Louis Stevenson

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5707 by
Replied by on topic Re:The simple things in life!
All too often we take the simple things in life for granted. The simple things have always been there, so we do not think about them nor have the gratitude towards them that we should. We should all take a moment and think about these simple things in our lives and where we'd be without them.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi