Great Tree (vision)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5654 by
Great Tree (vision) was created by
Okay, i posted basically the same thing at another site but i like to hear opinions, so i will tell you my vision here too.
It was short, i was meditating to this new buddhist cd i got, you know the kind with dozens or hundreds of men all chanting in very low tones that can sounds kinda wicked, lol, yeah one of those. Well i was really getting into my meditation and decided i would focus, at least for a few min, on Tao. The very second 'Tao' entered my mind a flash of a tree appeared on the inside of my eye lids. But that is not all, it was just a tree it was huge, and all i could see of it was some of its bark. My view point was very narrow because i was so close to it.

So i was wondering what others might think. I have an idea of what it means and i will share that later, i just want to see opinions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5655 by
Replied by on topic Re:Great Tree (vision)
That's what came into my mind when you said giant tree, btw I love trees... But how this connects to Tao????

Yggdrasil
by Micha F. Lindemans
In Norse mythology, Yggdrasil (\"The Terrible One's Horse\"), also called the World Tree, is the giant ash tree that links and shelters all the worlds. Beneath the three roots the realms of Asgard, Jotunheim, and Niflheim are located. Three wells lie at its base: the Well of Wisdom (Mímisbrunnr), guarded by Mimir; the Well of Fate (Urdarbrunnr), guarded by the Norns; and the Hvergelmir (Roaring Kettle), the source of many rivers.
Four deer run across the branches of the tree and eat the buds; they represent the four winds. There are other inhabitants of the tree, such as the squirrel Ratatosk (\"swift teeth\"), a notorious gossip, and Vidofnir (\"tree snake\"), the golden cock that perches on the topmost bough. The roots are gnawed upon by Nidhogg and other serpents. On the day of Ragnarok, the fire giant Surt will set the tree on fire.

Other names for the tree include: Ask Yggdrasil, Hoddmimir's Wood, Laerad and Odin's Horse.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5657 by
That is really interesting, i have heard myths from Norse before but never one quite so intriquing. Thank you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5661 by
As I am 66% Scandanavian, 33% Apache, I would be glad and quite intrigued to try very hard to help you find some clarity here. If you are interested, I would like to coordinate with you and seek the answers to this mystery.

Odin was suspended from the World Tree when he divined the Runes, an ancient and powerful divination tool and method of written communication that is still used to day...

If I may be of service, or assistance in study, please do not hesitate to ask!

Mstr K

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi