GHOSTS

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4986 by
GHOSTS was created by
I had a young chap ask me about ghosts and the force today... thought I might give everyone my opinion and ask for yours as well.

I am a firm believer that the living force is merely conciousness manifested in people, or in other words, people exist because of the forces power. Now when it comes to ghosts I believe that the force, which is present in all of us, just some do not know it or even tap into it, can remain attached to a series of thoughts from a person and the force can manifest itself and appear to be a person ( think Start wars hologrmas!) This occurs when the person has influenced the force with extreme emotion. We all know that ghosts dont just hand out for no reason, most often ghosts occur or remain because it's vehicle (the person) was murdered, or feels they have unfinished business. Therefore the bodies conciousness remains to \"replay\" a significant event, something like a dvd on repeat.

Most ghosts are simply a manifestation of conciousness and pose no threat to us, except for scaring the bejesus out of us when we see them. BUT, when one has embraced the dark side, the remaining conciousness can and will utilize the force to replay events lived by the body and can if their power is strong enough; effect our surroundings, or even harm us.

can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks about ghosts..

Rick,
tsukimaster

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4993 by
Replied by on topic Re:GHOSTS
Ghosts (for me) fall into one of three categories. The first are angels appearing to us in order to point us into the direction that the will of God would have us follow.

The second are human souls marred by tragedy or unrest and lost to the sands of time before joining with the Lord God or the Lord of Evil (as determined by their time in life). They will eventually be rejoined.

The third are demons placed before us by the Master of Evil him/herself in order to misdirect us from the Will of God.

The concepts of Ghostly hauntings are I'm sure numerous as the sands on the beaches of the world. I have not ever seen a ghost myself in the form commonly visaged by hollywood. I have experienced angels guiding me throughout the day. and that is just as oogy feeling as all else.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #5001 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:GHOSTS
The answer to what a ghost is would depend on the faith, philosophy or view on life someone has. The answer of a staunch Catholic would differ from say a Spiritualist, and that of someone who has seen one would be different to both. Someone who \"is a shadow of themselves\" can be described as being a ghost. No matter what (whether it is to be shuned, a subject of contact, a real contact or a human being) a ghost describes a level of sensibility. It says a lot about how large or small our world is.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5034 by
Oh, ghosts, yea, I have some interesting stories about ghosts. I've had things thrown at me by them, and I have the witnesses to prove that. That ghost just didn't like me at all for some reason. I lived in a house where the ghosts continued their daily routine not knowing that their time here was over, and they used to take things of ours and hide them, and then those objects would literally fall out of thin air in the middle of the living room every time the showed up. I like ghosts, their interesting. Of course, I've also lived in a house where the juju was so bad that the hair's on my neck would stand up every time I entered some rooms in that house. That ghost, was not a nice being, not in the least little bit.
Ghost- posthumous bio-electrical manifestation, hehehe, love that term

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5048 by
I don't want to believe in ghosts... I just don't. I think the whole idea behind them is repulsive and tragic as none other... In my mind I don't believe in ghosts. I just can't...

That said, I had a horrible experience during my college days. I lived in a huge Edwardian Duplex in Minneapolis with a group of girls, and there was one bedroom no one wanted to stay in. It was fairly large and had a good closet so I said I'd stay there and another girl moved into the room too.

Sometimes the room would have the smell of vomit. I thought the girl sharing the room was bullimic, but it wouldn't last for more than a few minutes so I let it go.

In summer I stayed in Minneapolis to work through the summer and take an extra class or two. I had the room to myself and it was better of course. Everyone thought the house was haunted, especially my bedroom. I saw glasses fall off shelves almost hitting some of the girls. The girl who shared the room with me was always breaking glasses and things...and I assumed it was her clumsiness in putting things away, etc.

One night after college was about to begin I had my roommate back and she was really upset about a break-up. That night in the middle of the night there was a crash and the light in my closet turned on. It had one of the old-timey pull chains to turn it on and the chain was dancing. I saw my roommate sit up in bed and scream. She moved out the next day...

That weekend my parents, grandmother and an uncle were in MInneapolis and came to visit me. It was a weekend and everyone was gone. I was doing the coffee/sandwiches/desert - thing in the dining room. We were laughing and talking and both saw and heard someone run across the floor into my bedroom, slam the door and open my window.

My mother asked me if my roommate were back, and I just dreaded she had returned. She had been a little strange. I got up and went into the bedroom and no one was there. The window was open, the drapes blowing in wind and rain. I shut the window and smelled vomit.

That night the oldest girl in the house told me that the girl that had my bedroom a couple years before me had died of anorexia/bullimia. They thought she had returned to the house after she died.

I ended up staying in the bedroom (but sleeping with my bible under my pillow...LOL).

I don't understand it. If this poor girl were trapped in the limbo of ghostliness...my word...what could be more horrible?

...sort of felt good telling that story after so long... :)

-Asta Sophi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5051 by
Asta Sophi wrote:

I don't want to believe in ghosts... I just don't. I think the whole idea behind them is repulsive and tragic as none other... In my mind I don't believe in ghosts. I just can't...

That said, I had a horrible experience during my college days. I lived in a huge Edwardian Duplex in Minneapolis with a group of girls, and there was one bedroom no one wanted to stay in. It was fairly large and had a good closet so I said I'd stay there and another girl moved into the room too.

Sometimes the room would have the smell of vomit. I thought the girl sharing the room was bullimic, but it wouldn't last for more than a few minutes so I let it go.

In summer I stayed in Minneapolis to work through the summer and take an extra class or two. I had the room to myself and it was better of course. Everyone thought the house was haunted, especially my bedroom. I saw glasses fall off shelves almost hitting some of the girls. The girl who shared the room with me was always breaking glasses and things...and I assumed it was her clumsiness in putting things away, etc.

One night after college was about to begin I had my roommate back and she was really upset about a break-up. That night in the middle of the night there was a crash and the light in my closet turned on. It had one of the old-timey pull chains to turn it on and the chain was dancing. I saw my roommate sit up in bed and scream. She moved out the next day...

That weekend my parents, grandmother and an uncle were in MInneapolis and came to visit me. It was a weekend and everyone was gone. I was doing the coffee/sandwiches/desert - thing in the dining room. We were laughing and talking and both saw and heard someone run across the floor into my bedroom, slam the door and open my window.

My mother asked me if my roommate were back, and I just dreaded she had returned. She had been a little strange. I got up and went into the bedroom and no one was there. The window was open, the drapes blowing in wind and rain. I shut the window and smelled vomit.

That night the oldest girl in the house told me that the girl that had my bedroom a couple years before me had died of anorexia/bullimia. They thought she had returned to the house after she died.

I ended up staying in the bedroom (but sleeping with my bible under my pillow...LOL).

I don't understand it. If this poor girl were trapped in the limbo of ghostliness...my word...what could be more horrible?

...sort of felt good telling that story after so long... :)

-Asta Sophi

After all that you still don't want to believe? What if you could help them in some way? or what if they were appearing to help you in some way? These are the things I think about in regards to the possibility of meeting a ghost. What a great story to share...thank you so much Asta for relating it!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5052 by
I posted this in yahoo answers a while back and I didn't want to rewrite so i just copy pasted.

Okey, let me shed a little light on the various beliefs and theories behind Ghosts. There are a variety of opinions as far as what a Ghost is, for the most part i believe in all of them in one form or another.

There is the typical Ghost, one that has been left behind for one reason or another or just can't move on.

Poltergiests, this in itself has two catagories, one belief is that they are unrestful Spirits that died a horrific death or sorrowful death and can not rest in peace. The other is that it is a person, often a young child unaware of what they can do, that has extraordinary abilities in the psychic field and make things move either on purpose or without even realizing it. Often we loose our abilities as we grow up and are told that things like this can't happen.

Then there is the belief that people believed the being into reality. In this case a myth or story was told about someone so much that it actually starts to happen. I read of a group of college students who did just this, they got an empty house and set up some household things and such. Then they created a story about a mans life and talked about him as if they were his friend. Well, supposedly it actually started to work and things started to move around here and there and noise would occur when no other person was around. Of course it took a couple of weeks or months but supposedly it actually worked.

Last but not least is the belief that Ghosts are just impression of past life. Say a person walks threw a house and gets ready for work for their whole lives, they do the same routine every day, when they die they may leave their impression behind on the house and reality, more or less you can think of this like a constant recorded replay, not the real thing but looks like it. That is why some people see Ghosts walking like they are partially under a house or threw a wall where a door once was, the house may have one day been lower or a door may have been where the wall is now.

So those are the ones that i know of. I think there might have been more but i don't remember. In all aspects there is truth to me, i do believe in reincarnation so it is a little hard to believe for me but i think if something happens in someones life that they feel they can't move on for then they will obviously want to stay. And i do believe that psychic abilities exist and i believe that children are probably the stronger, as we age our strategic and scientific minds take over a lot more so the artistic mind that we had as children dies down so i believe that poltergiest like abilitties is at least somewhat realistic.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #5100 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:GHOSTS
Some of the most fearful Ghosts can be those of our own past lives. These wait inside of us, pop up at any time, remind us of who we are or think we are, and what is worse cannot be seen by anyone else.

They can trap us in a moment of time and let us live this moment time and time again. The monster \"fear\", \"hate\"... is then given the opportunity and time to develop that one day threatens to devour us. One of these I experieced in the form of a person. Anyone else I consequently met who just even looked like him I ascribed the same characteristics. These unfortunate people became the living object of my \"hate\", \"fear\"... . What was once a moment took over a life, and through my behaviour I sucked all around into this world.

This is no different to the apparition which in his/her despair calls the living into their world.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5105 by
ghosts are disembodied souls that have not made a choice as of yet to either:

1. re-take the journey of the flesh, or a different frequency of existance such as animal, plant or mineral

2. rejoin the stream of the Living Force and dissapaiting thier individuality

the state of this soul (the 3rd choice is to not make a choice) has been called by many \"in limbo\". usually this state is the result of trauma or unfinished business, such as a need to remain and watch over loved ones. many times if trauma is involved, the violence involved still lingers in the soul, and from thier perspective, it was just moments ago, and yet could be in reality years or decades. much confusion and anger can result and can be transmitted into this reality from the etherial relm.

when we moved into my house, one of the bedrooms had a neighborhood reputation of being haunted, of course we didnt find this out till after we moved in lol. well my son had the room at first, and he had mentioned several times to me of seein red glowing eyes in his closet. thinking he was being influenced by his buddies on the block, i explained what to do and say to it when he saw it. this seemed to help as he didnt mention it again. a year later my daughter and my son switched rooms, and the first night my daugher was in that room, she saw the red eyes in the closet. i didnt find out till the next day that she saw them. thats when i decided it was time to have a talk with it. after i spent a hour or so in meditation in the room, i actually saw the red eyes in the closet. every hair on my body was standing on end and i tingled so much it was almost deafing in my eardrums. i talked with it and explained that first off i was his brother and friend, and this was my daughters room now and what ever it was that kept him there was no longer an issue, so he was free to move on. we have never seen it again nor has either of my kids even mentioned it again.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5213 by
Ok, I'll play. I believe in them. There's just too much out there that is unexplained for me not to. I've had WAY too many personal contacts not to as well. Example: I put my daughter to bed when she was about three, went to lay down myself. After a little while, I could hear her cooing and playing. This was not normal for her as she tended to go straight to sleep. Then it sounded like she was actually talking to someone. I walked into her doorway and was stopped by a smell I knew all too well, the smell of my grandfather's pipe tobacco. He has been dead since I was 13, this happened when I was 26. I asked my daughter who she was talking to and she replied with one word. \"Pop.\" That was the name my grandfather went by. I had never mentioned it around her and she should have not known it. This of course got my mind going. The next day I was sitting on the couch looking at some old pictures of my grandfather and myself and my daughter came up, pointed to the picture I was holding at the time and proclaimed, \"Pop!\" How's that for a story? There are numerous other encounters I have had since I like to follow this kind of stuff and it interest me alot.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi