Curious question about the Oath

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47043 by
I don't want to delve to heavily into my personal history but I have always been somewhat of a skeptic. However this site, and some of the teachings I have browsed through peak my interest highly. I've been a martial artist for years and I have always had a keen ability to read peoples emotions and I have premonitions of events that very often come to pass. This could be my logic and experience at work, but maybe something more. I hate to use such an example but when I am sparring or competing in matches I totally lose myself in the moment and it almost feels like I know what my opponent will do next. I'm also an avid student of esoteric knowledge, I love to read. In my profession I am a salesman, and from what my superiors tell me a very talented one. Its almost like I can read someones desires and have very little trouble connecting with them.

Essentially I feel I should explore the path of the Jedi.

I am also a man of my word. If I take the Oath I will devote everything I have to completing it, however, as I said, I am a skeptic. I want to see what these Initiate exercises accomplish before I take any oath.

My question is may I begin with the exercises without taking the oath. I take oaths very seriously. I want to see what kind of impact these teachings will have on me before I give my word.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Regards,
Seeker of Truth Esq.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 4 months ago #47045 by Jestor

SeekerofTruth wrote: I am also a man of my word. If I take the Oath I will devote everything I have to completing it, however, as I said, I am a skeptic. I want to see what these Initiate exercises accomplish before I take any oath.

My question is may I begin with the exercises without taking the oath. I take oaths very seriously. I want to see what kind of impact these teachings will have on me before I give my word.

We ask nothing of you except understanding, and tolerance...

The program is available to all... Should you like to take the Oath later, that is fine as well...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47047 by
I was pretty sure that would be the response. However I am very new here, and I did not want to step on any toes or offend anyone. Thanks.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #47052 by
Sorry for the double post, but do I put all my lessons in my journal. I was browsing the journal section and noticed some people created new topics for the lessons. Do they all go in one topic or do you create a new topic for each lesson?
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by .

More
12 years 4 months ago #47054 by Br. John
Either way works. What many forget is putting their name in all lesson topics.

Founder of The Order

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi