Jedi Day of Reflection

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46921 by
Jedi Day of Reflection was created by
I noticed this topic on the FAQ and was interested what this entailed. Answers would be much appreciated. May the force be with you and have a good New Years.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46925 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Day of Reflection
What do you personally think it is?

More
12 years 4 months ago #46939 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Re: Jedi Day of Reflection
I believe, that Reflection Day being set on December 31st means that on this day we shall reflect on the last year. Collect what happened, finally valuing it good or less good, valuing what we did, what others did, what should be done the same way next time or how it shall be done else. To learn from the past, to deal with the past, that's what Reflection Day is there for. So that we can embrace the coming year with a clear and healthy heart.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46949 by
Well then in that case if you're spending your time doing something that valuable you need not worry about the exact definition :)

More
12 years 4 months ago #46950 by Gisteron
Is there an exact definition anyway?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46951 by
There you go :)

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/General-Discussions/27581-Google-Calendar#27581

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=8h15jcfbek4rcn3snrss7gvthc@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles&gsessionid=OK

December 31st- Jedi Day of Reflection This is a day on which we honour the secular festivity called New Year`s Day. We clarify once again in our mind`s eye our place in the world and the context we live in. It is a constant reminder that we are given opportunity on each day of the year. So it does not really matter when the year or for that matter the month or week starts. It is the day, it is the now which matters. We want to honour that which the Force has made possible. We as a part of history are still moving with the times. Ironically history is becoming our future. The end of the year is not just anther moment in time but an opportunity to embrace the new, and let go of the old. To take a step we all have to move our foot from the floor and put it forward. You could argue that we could do this any time in the year, and you would be right. But the new year is a moment of renewal shared by all of mankind. Here are a few questions which you may care to consider or may be of help. If you do decide to write your thoughts down you may consider to keep this and read it through at the turning of the following year. Try to look at yourself and your life with as much _object_ivity as is possible. Imagine yourself to be a film critic. 1. What did I learn as a Jedi? 2. What did I achieve as a Jedi? 3. What would I have done differentlyas a Jedi considering the teachings and why? 4. What were the most significant events of the year past for me at TOTJO? 5. What were my biggest challenges as a Jedi? 6. What has changed me as a Jedi? 7. For what am I particularly grateful as a Jedi? I think it important that no matter what we reflect in gratitude for what we experienced. Since every situation is a potential teacher and friend. It's a symbolic gesture to help you release the old and be open to the new.

More
12 years 4 months ago #46954 by Gisteron
Oh, right. Forgot there is that explanation page.
Well, that doesn't seem to be much different from my interpretation of the day, actually. Thanks. :D

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi