My Absence

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46578 by
My Absence was created by
Hello everyone, hope you all are having a nice holiday season (if you celebrate anything, if not hope all is well).

I just wanted to explain why I've been away for a while and keep having long periods of absence. I've had a lot going on lately. My Dad's health has been declining the past few months. It has been bad all year, but the past few months have been particularly bad. This is most likely the last Christmas he will be with us. So things have been kind of crazy with him in and out of the hospital.

Then there has been some changes at work and I'm getting more hours. And I'm starting back taking classes on top of all that.

And some stuff came up for a while where I questioned my thoughts and beliefs. So I suppose part of my absence was from that-I was questioning what and how I believed. And as I got back on track and tried to get back into my clergy studies, I got stuck on a lesson.

Long story short, stuff has been crazy. I didn't mean to just drop off like I did. Sorry this sounds kind of silly. But I sometimes hate it when someone I get to know on sites just disappear, and I wonder where they are. Just though it would be nice to let you guys know what is going on.

Hope all is well with everyone, MTFBWY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 4 months ago #46580 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: My Absence
Life is funny...

We will be here...

I hope you are back for a while....

If you need anything, let us know....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46584 by
Replied by on topic Re: My Absence
I love the fact TOTJO is still here even if I'm not. Even if I never finish the initiates program, my belief in the Force is what makes me a Jedi. I don't even need a master to believe, study and meditate on the Living Force. My faith in Jediism transcends the forum. Everyday life teaches and instructs. Who is to say that dealing with harsh realities isn't part of your training. Our training never really ends.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 4 months ago #46585 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: My Absence

Planet of Chaos wrote: Everyday life teaches and instructs. Who is to say that dealing with harsh realities isn't part of your training. Our training never really ends.

Amen

There is a message, or something to learn, in everything...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46587 by
Replied by on topic Re: My Absence
Glad to see you back!

That's the 2nd Knight I've seen say hello again after an extended absence (666 being the other Knight).

I think it's great you're back and now you have new experiences and knowledge to share with this community if you so choose.

Just in the last week: two Knights are back, 3 Apprentices were chosen and a new Knight will be raised.

The Force is With Us...and it's a great thing.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi