Democracy - a tenet of the doctrine. Its meaning?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46599 by
Adder said "In my opinion a problem with democratic decision making is having people decide who are most able to make the best decision as opposed to the most popular decision..."

In my view you're absolutely right, but the problem is finding those people that can make the best decision.

I think switching economic systems would take nothing short of a revolution to bring about. As long as there are people that believe they should have more, own more, and control more because they "KNOW" more, we'll be unable to switch to more Utopian economic systems. Occupy protesters notwithstanding, they are but a gnat in the way of big business. There needs to be millions more of the Occupy protesters to effect anything lasting.

I have my own issues with Capitalism, but at this point in time the best that can be done (I think) is airing the issues and providing usable alternatives. Who knows what kind of a powerful individual in the future might be influenced by such issues and has the means to make such changes? Of course, that can go either way...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi