Half the Facts

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #38064 by Damion_Storm
Half the Facts was created by Damion_Storm
Recently I was touched by an emotional episode that I had without knowing all the facts or even the whole sentence. It reminded me that sometime people jump to conclusions without waiting to get all the information. This is what happened.

As I was journeying around Facebook I came across the page for the temple \"how cool\" I thought to myself. Then i started looking down the side of the page and see \"United Support for Al Snyder and Against Military\" I instantly became angry as to how dare the temple support anti military campaigns with so many members being in the service past and present. In anger I clicked on the link to read what rubbish they had to say about my beloved brothers and sisters of the armed forces. When the page opened my ignorance was staring me in the face as I read the full title, \"United Support for Al Snyder and Against Military Funeral Protests\"

It takes just that long to go from hostilities to a feeling of despire knowing that had I taken the time to look before I was so quickly angered that I would have never been angry in the first place nor feeling ignorant upon knowing the whole truth.

I ask any of those reading this now to take a moment to reflect on words or ideas that you may have. Ask yourself if you have all the facts or if the whole truth is being stated. Are we reading things with bias in our minds that makes things look worse than they really are. Is the look someone has on their face ment for you or someone they encountered earlier. Being quick to judge often causes later embarassment just as it did for me. Know that I care for you all and hope the best out of each of us.

MTFBWY All

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #38069 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:Half the Facts
Amen.

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #38070 by
Replied by on topic Re:Half the Facts
This Is something that we as Jedi must train ourselves to do in every situation, we MUST gather all facts in order to make an informed and correct decision. Thank you Damion, for bringing this up :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #38092 by
Replied by on topic Re:Half the Facts
A great reminder, Br.Damion. Forums such as this one hold extra perils since we are unable to engage face-to-face with people as they post or to use our instincts to determine the tone of voice with which things are said, so it is easy for the words we write to be misinterpreted. Personally, I try to re-read what I have written before I post it just to be sure that my true intention comes across (but tven then this is not always successful!). This process is useful for Jedi to apply with any interactions - truly a case of \"looking before you leap\" or \"thinking before you speak\".

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi