Mobile Site - http://m.TempleOfTheJediOrder.org

More
13 years 1 month ago #37606 by Br. John
I've just installed Joomla 1.6 at http://m.TempleOfTheJediOrder.org and we'll have a very simple mobile friendly site there. There is nothing there yet, it's only a new clean install without even a sample page.

The main concern is live chat abilities on cell phones. We'll be looking at shout boxes and or chat components / modules. We cannot use Flash. Any advice is much appreciated.

When everyone is able to chat on their phones, including the iPhone which I have myself, we can see about adding other things.

Anyone who is up for this and wants to volunteer to be an admin at the site should post here. You do need to know something about Joomla and a bit about its templates.

I can spend some money on this so we're not stuck with free only add ins but the budget is not unlimited either.

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #37608 by
Count me in for Volunteering, though at the moment I am without Desktop till I find a suitable power supply, which is part of why the test migration has stalled, I'll keep an eye out for Iphone friendly chat plugins and let you know if I find something suitable.

...if we are having a separate site, this could be a bit easier than full migration

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #37609 by
Count me in for Volunteering, though at the moment I am without Desktop till I find a suitable power supply, which is part of why the test migration has stalled, I'll keep an eye out for Iphone friendly chat plugins and let you know if I find something suitable.

...if we are having a separate site, this could be a bit easier than full migration

More
13 years 1 month ago #37615 by Br. John
There is now a shout box at http://m.templeofthejediorder.org for anyone to try. It's public with no login. It will assign a guest_name but you can type your own name in the box and it will accept it. I'm particularly interested on how this works on the various cell phones.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #37621 by
i will try this on my Android phone and post back

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #37622 by
i sent a test post from my Android phone, inserting my name before i posted... it has updated the mobile site with my post but not the TOTJO site (is it supposed to do this?)

one thing i have noticed is the width of the mobile site does not fit on the phone BUT there is no option for me to scroll left or right to see all of my post...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #37655 by
Well, I wouldn't mind helping when it comes to the site if needed.

I did, however, check the site using my Sidekick LX and while I could work on it alright, I couldn't get the message sent because there was no enter button. So that's something that should probably be looked into.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #37667 by
I've had a look and I like it

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi