Spirit of a maori Carving

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 months ago #36776 by
Spirit of a maori Carving was created by
Greetings each

I have a very close friend who lives in New Zealand and is of Maori culture.I knew she had been unwell but I didn't know what ailment she had.

She has come over to UK on a visit . I have met up with her and she explained in some detail the events leading up to her ill health and the passing of her father.

Her father was a wood carver in the traditional sense.He had been asked by a young couple to do some work on a wood carving which had been taken from a house.

Apparently there had been some sort of dispute over the dwelling and it had been decided that one of the carvings be removed and buried. (there is good reason for this but as an outsider I am not privy to why and I respect that)

It would seem that removing the carving without the proper ceremony is not a good thing to do.

I'm told that , anything that a carver creates life is given to to that carving this is what they believe in much the same way as life is created with all things .

He was warned not to interfere with the carving but he believed he was doing the right thing. Not so, My friend tells me he became very ill. with no obvious symptoms of any known illness.

The Spirit of the carving had passed into him.He had various treatments none of which worked,he was overcome with cold which took his life.

Some might say the Spirit took his life. However I personally don't believe this to be so. Tho' I do believe the Spirit in some way planned for this eventuality.

My friend was not present when her father died, She arrived shortly after he passed on. She tells me when she got there she kissed his cheek, At that moment.He breathed out. His last breath ? Or the continued journey of the Spirit?.There is no doubt in her mind. She to became very ill.

She eventually confessed to her family what had been going on as regards to the carving,the young couple and the request to have the carving put back on the house.

cut a long story short , Her brother was given permission by the elders to help my friend. They also believed the Spirit was was in fact wanting to go on, on its journey.

Happy to say my friend has recovered.I also asked her if she would mind if I shared this story with the people here.

I find this story amazing, I think we as 'Modern' people have no idea or refuse to accept the mystery of the Spirit world.

Ancient Egypt, Amazon people, Incas Aztecs. Voodoo. Native American Indians the list goes on.

I have my own thoughts on these things I would be interested in learning of others views .

The Force be with you all

Yours in the spirit of Budo

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 2 months ago #36778 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:Spirit of a maori Carving
Just as a prism takes one light, and turns it into many.....

So man has taken the world into himself/herself and turned it into many beliefs, customs, and what we think we understand...

Neither man nor prisms really know what they are doing....

The prisms advantage is it doesn't know, or care, what it's doing.... Man, just can't leave anything, well enough alone....

We keep trying to figure it out... But in doing so, we keep losing touch with the world, the big picture...

It is a shame....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 2 months ago #36800 by
Replied by on topic Re:Spirit of a maori Carving
Greetings each

Oddly enough I've reading a book on lost civilizations . Forces of the unknown. which don't appear to be physically possible or do not follow the known laws of physics are just brushed under the carpet so to speak.

I will post that story at a later date when I find the time lol

Yours in Budo

Mike

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi