New TOTJO Server & Thanks to Ren & Mark

More
13 years 3 months ago #36296 by Br. John
The old server is gone. It's ceased to exist (it was a virtual dedicated server so no hardware was harmed in this action).

We are on our happy new virtual dedicated server at a savings of $20 per month so now our monthly server bill is $30 per month. If we need more space and power we can upgrade at any time with no problems.

We are using TMDHosting.com for those interested.

Master Mark worked many long hours and spent from sundown to sunup salvaging the site and getting the old server working. Our former server admin had so many scripts and conflicting things going on there that as soon as the server would reset it would immediately fill itself back up to the limit with backups on top of backups and start crashing.

At this point Ren said he had some time and would try and save the site, including the subdomains dark and seminary. He spent marathon hours doing just that. He is going to give explicit instructions on how our site admins can make backups of the site(s) and has us setup with a far less complex system.

To both Ren and Mark Thank You seems so inadequate. We as an Order need to do something. Feel free to show your gratitude here with posts and suggestions on how we could recognize this new era for The Order.

I am not going to go into details about the necessity of our abrupt departure from both our old server admin and our old server but we dodged a bullet on this.

C3PO would say, \"Thank the Maker\". So do I.

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 months ago #36297 by
So 'R2D2' really did almost get us into trouble again this time :D

Cheers to all who helped out in this situation and I would also like to thank everyone for their patience.

MTFBWY - A / SYW

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #36300 by Jestor
Thank you ren and Master Mark....

Ren, your services to TOTJO have been beyond measure, your sleepless hours... I am awake at all hours, and I seen how often you were here tweaking the site... If only I had the skill to help in some capacity... I know we all appreciate, and will post and say \"thank you\", but seriously, you have no idea how much this place goes through my mind... I cannot say and mean enough without sounding like I am gushing... So, Thank You....

Master Mark, once again, it seems you were here to help save the community from extinction... The time you put in here speaks for itself... Your dedication and untiring, and unselfish work, stands out like a light for us all to follow....

And Yes, ren and Master Mark have bailed our untechnical butts, (or not as technically capable butts!!) out of this jam...

But Br. John, Fr. Jon, GM Kana , Daniel, Garm, Tiamat, and those who I have failed to mention.... all of you have built this place with patience and love... (not to mention the hours of discussions and disagreements, coffee and smokes and possible a adult beverage or two as well!!...:woohoo: ) BUt I wanted to say thank you to your efforts into making this, to me, the best site I have found, and I've seen a few of the others....

Thank you all..... I do not know how TOTJO and it's members can ever show their apprecation...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 months ago #36323 by
Sorry I've been away, I'd like to thank everyone that worked on getting the temple up, it is a great relief and comfort to see this place back and stable.

I'm not sure what I can do to show the appreciation that is necessary online, but would like to let everyone involved know that my appreciation goes deep and that it is a great thing for the temple to keep going as it is

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi