I don't look for peace.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #34053 by
I don't look for peace. was created by
I seek balance, not peace. Peace is simply the name for a non-warring period between two wars. If wars did not exist, then neither would peace. Just like the Jedi and the Sith, one would not exist without the other. I seek a healthy balance between the two concepts of war and peace. An excerpt taken from the Gray Jedi Code:

7 - Peace cannot exist without war.

8 - War must be prevented if at all possible; if a war is necessary, however, it must be ended quickly.

The ends justify the means in most cases and if war will lead to a peaceful community and restore balance, then by all means, lets bear arms, though war should not be excessive and should be ceased hastily.

War is the malady of nations; the disease is terrible while it lasts but purifying in its results. It tries a nation and chastens it, as sickness or adversity tries or chastens the individual. There is a wisdom that comes only of suffering whether to the family or to the aggregation of families - the nation. Man is perfected through suffering.

-S.B. Luce

s adversity and opposition toughen the mental and moral fibre and temper the spirit of man, so riches and easily-acquired success enervate the strongest character and unfit it for protracted effort. It is the same with nations. War arouses all the latent energies of a people, stimulates them to the highest exertion, and develops their mental and material resources.

-S.B. Luce

While I am not saying, with the inclusion of these quotes that we should be at a constant state of war, I am saying that we should neither be at a constant state of war nor a constant state of peace. As S.B. Luce stated, \"riches and easily-acquired success enervate the strongest character and unfit it for protracted effort.\"

What is your opinion? Are you in accord or opposition? Please explain.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #34069 by 666
Replied by 666 on topic Re:I don't look for peace.
Peace cannot exist without war
war cannot exist without Peace?

I disagree a little about your \"Peace cannot exist without war\"

my definition of Peace goes further then only time between 2 wars...

what about, calm, balance equilibrium... happiness, cordiality, share all together, with a tip of love, and tolerance...

Peace = State of calm.
Peace = state of balance between you and the surrounding
Peace = State of balance within the force

just I don't like all the word definition as hard as they are, and I do not believe that war is the smartest way to go also

good and bad exist, white and black exist, but what about the balance in between ... is not important...

\"be in balance between war and peace\"... Whats the name of that state?

maybe the war comes from your inside... but is the only way, it has a mind by itself.

- I come back later to read more inputs and clarify my mind.

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135