Seeking Knighthood.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33943 by
Seeking Knighthood. was created by
When studying Jediism and seeking knighthood, don't see knighthood as the goal. If you do, it will become further away.

These words are what I use to stay focused on my studies, when I joined TOTJO I wanted to be a Knight, I didn’t really read too much on the site, and didn’t really look around I just wanted to be a Knight !!

However, I soon found myself reading the forum, the weekly sermon and using the chat room and after a very short time I realised that I was among like minded people , people that wanted to share their thoughts, their way of life.

Now I want to find my way in Jediism, I know that there are many lessons and teachings on the way, my path may be difficult at times, however, if I open my eyes I will not be blind.

“Find the silence which contains thoughts”Hakuin

This is also a very good lesson, I find that when I meditate I can often find the answers that I am looking for, some use meditation to clear their minds others use it to find their way.

“Once you aspire to become enlightened, even if your life takes you in many different directions, the conditions of your life all become a practical part of achieving enlightenment”Dogen Kigen.

Take Care and MTFBWY All.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33945 by
Replied by on topic Re:Seeking Knighthood.
Your post reminded me to post my annual 'what is a master' blog - have a look, I think you will appreciate, maybe somewhat more than most, what im getting at - that aside - one could equally apply the same idea to knighthood ;)

MTFBWY - A

More
13 years 6 months ago #33947 by Damion_Storm
Replied by Damion_Storm on topic Re:Seeking Knighthood.
There is also a parable that I posted a bit ago that this reminded me of called \"Try Softer\"

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33965 by
'what is a master'

Master Kana Seiko Haruki,

Thank you for sharing this blog.

I really enjoyed reading it and it gave me food for thought.

I have been asked so many times \" what is a Sensei \" your words would really fit and with your permission I would like to share these words with my instructors and Sensei'(s) and they can then adapt them to \"what is a Sensei\"

This would be a very good lesson for them, as when they are young in the Arts they often fall in to your paragraph with regards to sticking out their chest and believing that are all knowing !!!!

Thank you again, a good read. ;)

Take Care of You, MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33967 by
As far as im concerned, if i put info here - its for everyones use :)

We once had a debate about switching the name master for sensei - among others, but it was felt it may be deemed disrespectful or misleading

anyway - just anecdotal fluff :D

MTFBWY - A

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi