Protest

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33877 by
Protest was created by
Westboro Baptist Church, who's website is entitled \"GODHATESFAGS\" are making rounds. Beginning in eastern Washington state, moving then to Idaho, later California all the way to DC, the Arlington center and various locations in between. A great many of these stops are scheduled for high schools, in hopes of delivering their messages of hate and intolerance to our impressionable youths. Their picket schedule can be found here: http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

These are the very same people that show up at soldiers' funerals. regardless of how one feels about the U.S. military involvements, the military itself and the like; most of the soldiers join up as a sacrifice to protect those they care about, regardless of what they end up implemented for. Even casting that aside entirely, the celebration of someone's life at it's end is a sacred thing. I will be attending the counter protest at Eastern Washington University today at 3:45 with a handful of friends.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #33889 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Protest
Good for you! I wish I could join you.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33890 by
Replied by on topic Re:Protest
Good for you! If they ever come near my city, I will be protesting agaist them too. The hate that they spread and teach is so aweful I thought it was fake when I first stumbled across them. Unfortunatly it isn't. I find it very sad that people can be this way. I also find it disgusting that they often hold their picketting at high schools and funerals. I am very much for free speeck but they are taking it to far. They have no right to shove their opinions down kids throats, and nobody deserves what they do at funerals. I don't know how they call themselves Christians, because they do not act like them in my opinion.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33905 by
Replied by on topic Re:Protest
I agree whole-heartedly Cynthia. The part that got me was they recruited kids for this. They were all over my area all week. High schools, colleges, and it seemed everyone that went to these counter-protests, also went to the one in my hometown at the university. There were about 1500 of us to their 15...They left early. The Philosophy professor here was in attendance in his Jedi robes. That was awesome. Again, these haters will be going across the U.S. all the way to D.C.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi