What is an Act of Kindness ?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33866 by
Any act of kindness that is given, regardless of it size be it large or small is ever wasted.

Kindness is a compassionate word; it is the act or the state of being kind.

The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of well being becomes.

In Buddhism, Tenzin Gyatso the 14th Dalai Lama wrote “my religion is kindness” he was also the author of the book entitled “Kindness, Clarity and Insight”

“Some of my friends have told me that, while love and compassion are marvelous and good, they are not really very relevant. Our world, they say, is not a place where such beliefs have much influence or power. They claim that anger and hatred are so much a part of human nature that humanity will always be dominated by them. I do not agree.”

Tenzin Gyatso the 14th Dalai Lama.

Confucius urged his many followers to “recompense kindness with kindness.”

“It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get”.

“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated”.

Confucius

So what have you done today to show Kindness?

Have you shown an act of Kindness?

Have you shown Compassion, Love, and Respect?

This is a simple question that does not require an answer to be posted; it is merely a question to ask yourself.

What are your thoughts on Kindness?

Thank you for reading this.

MTFBWY All, Take care.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33870 by
Replied by on topic Re:What is an Act of Kindness ?
More often that not it takes a similar amount of effort and energy to do a nice thing than to do a horrible thing. For instance, helping an old lady across the road or stealing her purse. So if you're motivated to act on something, why not make that a good thing?

Of course, there are things that vary in effort and that's an even greater testament to our commitment to \"doing good\". According to Edmund Burke: \"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\". As Jedi we are constantly making that choice to act.

MTFBWY

More
13 years 6 months ago #33873 by 666
Replied by 666 on topic Re:What is an Act of Kindness ?
I respect others

but I don't like to show compassion,
actually I'm not thinking what I show, or what I need to do to be seen as a better ( or worst) person.

I try to be myself... and I don't fell I'm bad...
but, I don't like even to carry any of those with me, love, kindness, compassion... and others...
I prefer to be myself, hidden in the corner, and doing as much as I can without even been seen around

I don't need the title or been recognized, I don't even like to remember myself my own good actions... , its too much ego for me.

anyway,

your good actions are good, because bad exist, if not, your good actions become common.

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33874 by
I prefer to be myself, hidden in the corner, and doing as much as I can without even been seen around

I don't need the _title_ or been recognized, I don't even like to remember myself my own good actions... , its too much ego for me.

I too prefer to be hidden in the corner, what I do for others is between me, myself and I.

I try hard not to openly hurt others, I would much rather give than to receive, at times I have been accused of giving to much of myself to others and neglecting my own needs.

When I write such things as I have today , I do so because the thought comes to me, I think about it hard, look at where I believe I am going with it, research my question and try to find the answers, most of the time this will lead to further questions which results in further research.

I also like to share my questions with like minded people as I respect their opinions and it gives me different ideas and opinions about my questions.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with me.

Please take care and MTFBWY.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33881 by
If I do anything I prefer that they pay it forward and help others out, paying it forward hopefully means it doesn't give you that ego, however even when you still do something nice for someone you still have that feeling of being good. It still has that attached rightous feeling, it does boost your ego even just a little, it still makes you feel warm and fluffy inside knowing that you helped someone in need, you can never get away from that feeling no matter how well you stay hidden, that feeling will always touch your soul one way or another you can never get away from it, so do the good deed and just accept it for what it is, so it makes you feel good, big deal, accept it, embrace it and just go with the flow.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135