i need guidance

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 8 months ago #32485 by
i need guidance was created by
I don't know what to do. If someone is evil, and follows the dark side, and there is no changing them, and all I see them do is hurt others, how should a Jedi react to this should I use a violent action or try agine to use my wisdom
I could really use some opinions here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 8 months ago #32488 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:i need guidance
More information is needed, my friend....

Why do you say someone is evil?

Violence is always a last resort... unless immediate danger is present, you should avoid it as much as possible.....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 8 months ago #32493 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:i need guidance
quite a bit more information would be needed before any course of action could be suggested.

some people act out simply for attention, some are simply playing a part, without knowing more about what's going on it's hard to say...

if they are in fact causing harm to others then by all means try to solve it peacefully, a physical response should be a last resort.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 8 months ago #32497 by
Replied by on topic Re:i need guidance
I don't want to go into to any more detil so I will do as you say, I will continue to ues wisdom as my blade

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #32498 by
I would like to say for myself that 'further information' or at least some enlightenment on the matter would be helpful but not essential.

I would also like to think that the inboxes of any master or knight is open for such occasions, but of course, this depends on how much you trust said Jedi - I would however like to reitterate that any information given in confidence will be treated as such - Much the same as a 'Christian' priest keeps confessions etc confidential, so too do (or at least they are epected and presummed too) do all Jedi Clergy and in my experience (speaking for myself as well as my dealings with other Knights Masters in the past) Jedi in general.

Onto the 'Darkside' - well, everyone has different ideas as to what that actually means, myself (for example) I dont believe the force has a light or darkside, I do however believe we are all equally capable of 'Darkness' - we are all human after all and all have the same wants, needs, and desires - ie emotions. Maybe some are more susceptable to particular emotions? Maybe some just prefer or find it easier to go with the flow and their flow happens to be 'darker' - Some may like to challenge themselves and 'control' this darkerside - however, none of us has the right to force our thoughts, feelings etc onto another - especially using physical force or the threat of it.

A Jedi NEVER uses physical force unless its the last resort - and that is only in defense - NEVER EVER ATTACK.

Whatever the concern is with this individual, you could try gentle discussion with them, depending on how approachable this person is - but if they are likely to attack you for your effort, then whilst seemingly defeatist, the best option may well be to leave well alone, let them learn for themselves, eventually, they will realise thir behaviour leaves them very much alone in this world. Obviously if they are attacking another person in some way and you feel it appropriate, you could try to defend the other party - but here too bewarned that such actions can have their own consequences and you find yourself on the wrong end from two attackers.

Every situation is different and you must judge each one for yourself - and there is nothing heroic about getting yourself beaten to a pulp unnecessarily.

Good and Evil are points of view - everyone has their own view, its also quite possible to do evil for a good out come, and likewise, its very easy to have a good intention with a bad outcome - as the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

In your intial post, you say that a person is hurting others and ask if violence is an appropriate response - well, let me ask you this, do two wrongs make a right?

If the problem here is a form of bullying, there is often a lot the 'victim' can do for themselves to reduce their target value to the bully. Also think of this, that the 'bad person' may well have or indeed remains, a target of another bully.

I or we could waffle on for ages on such themes but without knowing roughly what the overall problem is - there is little to go on - its like going to the doctor and saying nothing more than 'I dont feel well'

I hope you can take something positive/helpful from this post, but remeber, everyone who responded is only being well meant and trying to help you.

MTFBWY - A

PS I forgot to mention that the chatroom is available iof if you need real time advise - the admins can set up private rooms for such meetings if necessary (this applies to anyone in need of help)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 8 months ago #32499 by
Thank you for your help I do know that a violent action should always be a last resort. I know what to do now I thank you very much for you input. I do hope when I complete my Initiates Programme you will consider me to take me as your apprentice, I can see that you are very wise in the way of the Jedi

MTFBWY

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 8 months ago #32504 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:i need guidance
once again master kana is able to better articulate the thoughts of us all. it would be nice to be as eloquent as he is, but i have always been better at communicating with actions rather than words.

as to becoming an apprentice once completing the initiates program, all things in time. the program will guide the right master to the right apprentice. ;)

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi