feeling Called

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 8 months ago #32451 by
feeling Called was created by
A few Sundays ago, our pastor had to go the emergency room. He called me up and asked me, as the resident Lay Speaker, if I could dust off the sermon I wrote back in February and deliver it that day. Sure, I said, no prob.
Didn't realize that they had no one else to lead Worship that day; I wound up doing the entire service myself.
Here's the thing: though I was concerned whether I was authorized to so perform some portions of the service, such as the Blessing of the Tithes and the Benediction (I am, BTW), I was waiting for that feeling of \"This is not really my place; I don't really belong up here\". I halfway expected to choke and hesitate during the 'non-scripted' parts of the service (I usually don't do well without a script). None of it happened. (Well, okay, I lost my place in the sermon for a couple of seconds, but I recovered quickly)
Afterward, I heard nothing but praise for the job I did. The congregation apparently thought I did an amazing job.
My wife and I talked about it later that day, and we agreed that this was something I should explore further. This felt like a Call.
So, I have started the process of becoming a Candidate for the Ministry in the United Methodist Church.
I am still, and will always be, a Jedi. I think that's part of the reason I feel Called; I can bring a unique perspective and set of skills to the table.
This isn't the path I expected to take; but it feels right.
*bows*

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 8 months ago #32452 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:feeling Called
Good job, Br. ChanceArgo.....

Sometimes, we don't know what we are capable of, till a need arises....

Good luck on your UMC journey.....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 8 months ago #32469 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:feeling Called
often what we expect isn't what's right, and what's right isn't what we expect. best of luck on your new endeavor :)

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi