Scary times and In need of guidance

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago #32357 by
On Monday I went to the hospital to have a colonoscopy done, when I awoke the doctor told me that he found something, he told me that there were a few polyps in my lower intestine. He needed to run test in order to determine if they were cancerous or not, I wont know till the end of the week, but until then I am on edge, on top of that I have and endoscopy in two weeks I am so freaked out that he may find something else. I can't seem to sleep, can't even muster the ability to mediate.

I need some help and some good advice. I can't seem to shake this ill felling that I have in side, if anyone has any words of comfort I could really use it right now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 9 months ago #32359 by RyuJin
do some research into the treatments looking specifically at the success rates/stories this should ease some of the anxiety. when caught early the success rate is quite high. my stepdad had lung cancer, had the lung removed,went through chemo and was well on to recovery.... try not to think about anything negatively it's been shown that thinking positive can have a positive effect on the body itself.

whenever you find it difficult to meditate, find a hobby that you fully enjoy and immerse yourself in it completely. by focusing all your thought and effort into that you can reach a zen state. it's an active meditation allowing you to experience the moment and nothing else.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago #32361 by
thank you i will try that

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 9 months ago #32363 by RyuJin
often the greatest tool to battle uncertainty/fear/anxiety is good old fashioned knowledge...;)

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago #32381 by
If you wish to receive healing from members of this Order, post something in the Force Healers section. Let's hope that this is not needed though!

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago #32384 by
All any of us ever have is right now. This is another one of those unsettling reminders . I've had a scare like this myself once. I pray that that is all this is for you, a reminder, and a new lease on life. mtfbwya

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
13 years 9 months ago #32388 by Jon
Revan wrote:

On Monday I went to the hospital to have a colonoscopy done, when I awoke the doctor told me that he found something, he told me that there were a few polyps in my lower intestine. He needed to run test in order to determine if they were cancerous or not, I wont know till the end of the week, but until then I am on edge, on top of that I have and endoscopy in two weeks I am so freaked out that he may find something else. I can't seem to sleep, can't even muster the ability to mediate.

I need some help and some good advice. I can't seem to shake this ill felling that I have in side, if anyone has any words of comfort I could really use it right now.

I don`t think you should do anything or not do anything. I would also be frightened in your position. Being frightened is not bad, it is a part of that process we get to understand things. Just as you find people who are supportive, doctors who tell you things etc. There is a reason for everything. But you are never alone.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago #32392 by
I have a close friend of mine who had this exact thing happen. He turned out to have cancerous polyps. They went in, removed them, and he is back to normal now with very little pain or no complications. This is very common today and though I would never say that surgery is not scary, it is a very common procedure with an amazingly good success rate.

One thing I often tell others, and it is easier said then done, is to not worry about things we have no control over, accept it for what it is and move on. If there are things that can be done, then by all means do them, but do not waste energy on worry and fear if you cannot do anything about it. It is a waste of energy and the stress you cause yourself could prove to cause more damage then the original issue.

As Master Jon stated, there is a reason for everything and you are never alone. My thoughts and well wishes are with you during this troubling time.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135