Jedi Pinocchio

More
13 years 11 months ago #31543 by Damion_Storm
Jedi Pinocchio was created by Damion_Storm
Ok everyone knows the story of Pinoccio and the obvious lesson of honesty. But what if we look deeper what would we find. As I watched this I saw the story of a Jedi path. We start at the beginning Pinocchio was Created (born) and then through a bit of magic (the Force was strong in him) he came alive with his new abilities. He was taught the ways of right and wrong (his Jedi training begins). He was tempted by the dark side to cross over. But eventually found his way back and became a full Jedi. Ok, so this may be a bit of a stretch but I look at what things we go through in our journey through life seeking knowledge to become a better Jedi or even just a better person. Like Pinoccio we find friends that guide us and some that pull us down. We all get to choose what path we take and if we are free or are simply puppets on strings. If we are man/boys or \"Donkeys\". Is we want to follow the \"Creators\" wishes or life a life outside the rules.
I am Jedi and as such I will use my heart and soul to learn to listen to the whispers of the Force within. And that's a Disney Jedi moment.

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #31544 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi Pinocchio
Thats a pretty clever observation Damion. We all strive to learn something in our lives and we lern how the rights and wrongs are in the situations we face everyday and lets just hope our noses don't grow and turn to the dark side. Learning comes from experience and experience goes to wisdom.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 11 months ago #31548 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:Jedi Pinocchio
There are few new stories....

Most, are just updated versions of the same stories....

There is a hero, there are some trials and tribulations, there is a lesson to learn, and most of the time, the hero prevails.

Look at Nemo, Toy Story, Pulp Fiction, Twilight, You've Got Mail....etc.

Star-crossed lovers, the unlikely hero, the resistant hero, loss of love, looking for love, ....

Look at the people you know... they are the heros in their own stories... there are stories about, love lost, love found, love in trouble, kids, pets, death, birth, you name it, it has been told.

The point of most stories, in my opinion, is to show you that there is a positive outcome and that there is someone, somewhere who understands. We have experiances thinking noone understands. That we are alone. This is simply not the case.

As we live our lives and go through the tough times, sometimes we forget about the positive things. Break your life into smaller segments, short stories, the day your kids were born, the day you met your spouse, the day a loved one died or the weeks leading up to it.

Don't overlook the fact that your life is more than any ONE of the experiances, but the combination of them. And those experiances that have yet to happen. Embrace these experiances for the value behind them.

....jestor....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
13 years 11 months ago #31549 by Damion_Storm
Replied by Damion_Storm on topic Re:Jedi Pinocchio
No I will NOT look at Twilight .... Vampires do not Sparkle !!!! ... the rest I will watch :)

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #31550 by
And speaking of Disney Jedi moments, Star Tours is now boarding for Endor...:D
But Seriously, Folks, like Jestor said, and as Joseph Campbell has taught us, most all stories are the same basic story; the 'monomyth', as Campbell put it. The only real difference is how the story is told. Disney, for instance, is adept at the Morality Tale (Good is rewarded, evil is punished), and tailors the stories it tells to fit those parameters (to the chagrin of some critics). You won't find Disney tackling Shakespearean tragedy anytime soon -- oh, wait, that was \"Lion King\"! Never mind. :P
Like wise, \"E.T.\", \"Tron\", and even \"Dead Poets Society\" are the same mythic theme as \"The Greatest Story Ever Told.\"
Point is, when we know about the monomyth, we can recognize it in other stories, which then gives us a greater appreciation of those stories.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #31551 by
BTW, Damion, I got a T-shirt for ya that says, \"And then Buffy staked Edward...The End.\" ;)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 11 months ago #31553 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:Jedi Pinocchio
:laugh: i saw a poster on campus of nosferatu that read: vampires do many things;shape shift,drink blood,sleep in coffins etc. but vampires NEVER SPARKLE!!!

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
13 years 11 months ago #31582 by 666
Replied by 666 on topic Re:Jedi Pinocchio
you can find, the same history, in everything.

because there is always 2 sides, because you have the option.

and because we can make it match with almost all heroes

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi