hmmm?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #30883 by
hmmm? was created by
I sometimes wonder why I keep getting drawn back to these here Jedi forums. Perhaps it is curiosity... but perhaps its more. Throughout my Jedi training I have learned a great deal about compassion, understanding, tolerance, respect, honesty, and discipline. Al though our life journey is always changing I often see myself as someone different or special. I understand one mans ego can destroy a nation or even his family. My desire is not to seek a way of feeding my ego but a way of feeding my soul. I don't exactly have any clear direction for this post but I wanted to share some thoughts. I often find sharing my thoughts through written words allows me to have a better understanding of who I am and what I believe. Often when someone says something they may not entirely believe what they say. I make mistakes like every human being but it is when we realize our faults and grow from them that we are truly on the right path. Something making no sense to you could make complete sense to another. Just like if someone were to ask you a favor... you say perhaps why can't you do it?? you later realize why the person couldn't do it. It's important to use all of your talents in decision making. It is important we don't allow others to walk over us but its also important to understand the balance of things in the universe. Yes I can easily say I have made several mistakes in my life. Often though I blame my circumstances for my actions but its important you stay honest with yourself. Yes some things are out of control but... there are some things we can control. With my Jedi training I hope to continue to learn more and grow. By doing this I will help myself from repeating past mistakes; and hopefully help stopping myself from making new life altering mistakes. Sorry for rambling I know some if not many of you are aware of this already but I felt it was necessary for me to post this. Not sure why but i hope it helps at least one of you out there.

Sorry for the random post but I hope its at least entertaining.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 11 months ago #30895 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:hmmm?
As to your first question, why you keep being drawn to these message boards, I think:

-you think you know who you are (and may be right for all I know), but feel folks do not understand.

-I think, (my opinion) is you are still searching for yourself, or you are looking for confirmation of who you are.

Only YOU can define you. If you don't know who you are, how is anyone else?

And one other thought I had, you get that special feeling? Like there is something different in you from the rest?

I think we all have that. That is our uniqueness shining through. Your conscienceness showing up, saying,\" I am Me\".

One more thought, the 'you' you define today, may not be the same 'you' you define down the road..... Be happy, be accepting of yourself...

(Notice I say,\"I think\" a lot? This is my conscience, defining you by comparing it to me).

Good luck, and MTFBWY..... jestor

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

More
13 years 11 months ago #30897 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:hmmm?
On Teaching
Kahlil Gibran

No man can reveal to you aught but that which already lies half asleep in the dawning of your knowledge.

The teacher who walks in the shadow of the temple, among his followers, gives not of his wisdom but rather of his faith and his lovingness.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of his wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

The astronomer may speak to you of his understanding of space, but he cannot give you his understanding.

The musician may sing to you of the rhythm which is in all space, but he cannot give you the ear which arrests the rhythm nor the voice that echoes it.

And he who is versed in the science of numbers can tell of the regions of weight and measure, but he cannot conduct you thither.

For the vision of one man lends not its wings to another man.

And even as each one of you stands alone in God's knowledge, so must each one of you be alone in his knowledge of God and in his understanding of the earth.

Founder of The Order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #30914 by
Replied by on topic Re:hmmm?
Very interesting response my Jester. I appreciate all of your responses. I will follow up further again soon. thank you all.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi