• Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 1 month ago #29478 by RyuJin
the best and worst was created by RyuJin
last night at work i saw the article about the Hutaree militia. this lead to a brief discussion among co-workers in which one co-worker mentioned how these tough economic times always brings out the worst in people, especially in the lower income brackets. suffering and hardships do have the tendency to do just that, so i agreed partly with him. however it's during this same suffering and times of hardship that many people find their true strength and resolve. unfortunately it's only the hardships that gain any acknowledgement in the media.

many of these militias that have been gaining notoriety operate in a clandestine nature, while using the internet to gain support. this got me to wondering about something: with 3177(approx) like minded people, it's possible that without a public face we could be perceived in a negative manner. of course i don't think it's likely going to happen.

i suppose the point i'm trying to get to is that each of us should strive to present a positive image of jediism in our communities, by doing this, especially in these trying times, we can shake the stigma being heaped upon jediism by shameless publicity as well as gain support from the communities we live in

helping others is not weakness, but strength to all.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 month ago #29479 by
Replied by on topic Re:the best and worst
Well said. MTFBWY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi