the need for a Master

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 2 months ago #28865 by
the need for a Master was created by
I have been watching and observing for awhile and I notice alot of people seem to want or need a personal master. While I know there comes a point when a student needs a teacher to help them along the path it seem to me that a majoirty of these people are overlooking the wisdom that can come from the collective followers of the Jedi Path along with the Masters of other faiths such as Jesus,Buddha,etc.
My advice is to be patient although this is often harder to do than to say...When the time is right,a teacher that will meet your needs will appear. In the meantime, I encourage everyone who feels this need to work through the lessons and spend time talking to the brethen here..You never know what wisdom you will find.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 2 months ago #28867 by
Replied by on topic Re:the need for a Master
There is much wisdom in this post. :-) I think a lot of people get in a hurry, some on a search to find answers, others trying to find themselves. Not everyone knows in the beggining that ther is no one path and that answers aren't always written down. To be honest I'm kind of soaking up all the knowledge I can I don't believe I \"need\" a master quite yet, all the voices around here have so much wisdom, but when I do get to that point I see no reason to rush it, when the force pushes me and a master together I will welcome it and respect all that it entails

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 2 months ago #28868 by
Replied by on topic Re:the need for a Master
whilst this will come across as rude - a part of me intends it

Most of the 'I WANT A MASTER' posts come from people who have logged in and think 'ooohhh - a personal yoda'

they dont even 'bother' to read the faq, the info in the front page and its links, or many of the links in the left column, let alone the main forum.

Let me put it to you this way - initiates who become apprentices have a small number of things in common - but these few small things make a HUGE difference.

Now im not going to post these differences, the longer standing members will know what im talking about as will any apprentice - yes, patience is one facet but there are others.

I want to win the lottery - but I dont buy tickets - I find this most frustrating.

What am I doing wrong? the same thing applies to 'getting a master'

MTFBWY - A

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 2 months ago #28871 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:the need for a Master
:laugh: i'm having a serious case of deja` vu

i remember making these same comments a while back :)

it is good to see others with the same sensability....all things circle back around i suppose :)

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi