• Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 3 months ago #28636 by RyuJin
it's electric was created by RyuJin
today in computer repair class we were using voltmeters to test power supplies. i discovered that i produced more electric then the power supply of the computer i was working on(which was plugged in when i tested it).

what was really interesting was that i also discovered that i had a degree of control over my electrical output.

on the ac setting my base was 4 volts and i could spike it up to 14.5 volts simply by thinking of increasing the output, i also found that i could raise it to a determined point and hold it.

after seeing this i switched the meter to dc where my base was .45 volts and would spike to .98 volts...now that i think about it i should of switched it to ohms just to see what kind of resistance i had...at least now i know why radios go crazy when i come around them...i'm going to have to get my own voltmeter so i can do more experiments on this....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 3 months ago #28638 by
Replied by on topic Re:it's electric
Bio-electricity. Interesting. I look forward to hearing anything else you discover about it. It has many implications, especially as regards our knowledge of the Force. I heard NASA has been studying how it can be used to determine what astronauts are thinking before they do something.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 3 months ago #28664 by
Th3 best meters for your 'experiments' will be the old fashioned analogue needle type - not the modern digital ones.

Unless of course you can get a 'constant refresh' model which shows fluctuation, most digital models only show an 'average' reading over a period of time - least with a needle you can watch the subtle flicks n changes.

You will find different readings from different parts of the body - as for resistance - given your body is mostly water and a good degree of carbon - you will find a reasonable degree of resistance

there are medical papers to be had on electrical currents etc of the body, as well as current etc

As someone with physical nerve damage - ive managed to give a shock or two to unsuspecting folk ;) anbd there is also a notable 'tingling' if you put your hand near me - all I feel from it is pain.

Tens machines, spinal cord stimulation, even pace makers provide avenues of exploration if your interested in this sort of thing - as well as studies on fish.

Obvious examples are electric eels, but also elephant nose fish (of the family morymides)

have fun - but dont connect yourself to the national grid :D

MTFBWY - A

• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 3 months ago #28669 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:it's electric
i already have a tens device for my lower back...also have been hooked into the grid a few times(love those wet extension cords)i noticed that the closer i got to my head and core the stronger the current was....the thing that interested me the most was the control...the meters we used were digital but did have constant refresh

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 3 months ago #28690 by
ye olde analogues are hard to come by these days - your best bet is schools.

You can actually make your own analogue meters reasonably easily or buy kits online - they aint pretty but do the job ;)

MTFBWY - a

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 3 months ago #28700 by
Veddy interesting!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi