• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 4 months ago #27813 by RyuJin
last night at work i wound up having a very unusual meditative response.

after having run up to the third floor of 2 adjoining buildings i was in my car and was going to use some meditation to regain control of my breathing.(it was below freezing outside and my job requires me to drive with my windows open)as i placed my hands in a meditative position i closed my eyes to focus and immediately had control of my breathing, at the same time i felt as though i was sitting at a warm beach during the day. the immediate result wasn't the unusual part as that happens most of the time for me, what was unusual was that afterwards (for over 4 hours) i continued to feel that warmth even with the wind blowing and the temperature being below freezing.

all i was wearing was a t-shirt with a hooded sweatshirt over it. i could feel the wind blowing against the sleeves of the sweatshirt(a feeling i actually find pleasent) however i didn't feel the cold penetrating it any longer, nor could i feel the cold on my face. everytime i got out of the car afterwards i felt warm no matter how hard the wind blew....

as i mentioned above i didn't find it too odd that the result was so instantaneous, since i use meditation alot and frequently get quick results from it

i just found it unusual that i was able to maintain that effect for such a long period with no effort.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 4 months ago #27814 by RyuJin
in addendum: the warming result was completely unexpected and unintended. my only goal at the time was to slow my breathing....the protective barrier against the cold was an added bonus

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi