A star wars for all seasons

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 4 months ago #27449 by
Recently, while searching for appropriate Inspirational Holiday shows to watch, it occurred to me that I wanted to watch ROTS. \"But that's not a holiday show\", I said to myself.
Later, while doing some research, I realized that show fits in well with the theme of the Winter Solstice; the Night is at its longest (and corresponding powers are at their strongest), and yet Light and Hope are reborn.
The Empire takes over the galaxy, the Sith all but destroy the Jedi, Anakin is consumed by the Dark Side and becomes Darth Vader, yet from him, two children are born (one of whom's names actually means \"light\" btw), who are destined to bright Light and Hope back, and defeat the Darkness.
That got me thinking, do the other movies correspond to other times of the year?
Return of the Jedi would seem to go well with the Spring Equinox/Easter (the time when the Days become longer than the Nights), for it signifies the triumph of the Light over the Dark.
Well, where does that put the rest of 'em?
It seems to me that:

Phantom Menace = Summer Solstice (The Darkness begins to grow)

Attack of the Clones = Fall Equinox (The Shadow falls, as the Nights become longer than the Days)

A New Hope = Candlemas/Imbolc (the return of Light to the world)

Empire Strikes Back = Ash Wednesday (the beginning of Lent; a time of hardship and self-discipline)

Of course, if anyone has different ideas or other insights, I'd love for you to share them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 4 months ago #27451 by
Replied by on topic Re:A star wars for all seasons
Revenge of the Sith = Halloween/All Saints Day/Day of the Dead (Symbolic death and rebirth, the fall of the keeper of light)

Return of the Jedi = Spring Equinox (rebirth, renewal, and hope for the future)

Just some other ideas... tried to keep them in order for each holy day's idea, though not familiar enough with all of the various holy days to be able to say whether or not these might actually be appropriate.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi