yoda's mistake

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 4 months ago #26998 by
yoda's mistake was created by
here is a thought i am working out. why did yoda's students turn to the darkside and become some of the worst being in the universe?

its because he let them make their own mistakes alone in the darkness so they had to find their own way through it?

Yoda’s mistake
Too wise for his own good.

All students want their hand held and told things until they have enough experience to where they can learn on their own. We all need a father to kick us in the ass and we all need a mother to kiss our wounds when we trip. Based on my understanding of yoda, he did neither of those things. He simply put his students through lifes trials and made sounds.

When a person wants answers and does not get a comprehendible response, they get angry. That anger leads them to make mistakes. When the person realizes the mistake they need forgiveness and instruction on how not learn from the experience. If the do not get that guidance and have to decipher the lesson on their own, that anger turns to hatred.

If the person hurts himself along this journey, the person develops scars and scars are hard and stiff. The body and the soul become firm and no longer flow with life.

This all leads to the darkside. The person develops resentment to the teacher for not holding their hand when their where scared or needed assistance.

when people ask for help or offer their service, they are weak and vulnerable. if their efforts of on heard or are taken advantage of, people become hard and spiteful - they will never be that weak again.

yoda was wise in the force. too wise. he was too far along the path to truly interact or communicate with the learning student. he needed a mediator that could hold the student's hand more.

what do you think?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 4 months ago #27003 by
Replied by on topic Re:yoda's mistake
You make a good point there. How ever i think the did learn from that mistake ,if thats what you \"WISH\" to call it, by training Obi Wan at fist but then truing him over to Qui Gon Jin.

I'm a BIG fan of Yoda so I can see where you coming from.

Yet the more important point is that like characters in Shakespeare Yoda is not a real person. Also like characters in Shakespeare if there is some thing about a character is not present that its because it dose not exist. Yoda is not real so he could not make a mistake. The writer made a mistake.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 4 months ago #27012 by
as a teacher, i use stories, myths and parables as source of learning. i would like to learn from what i refer to as \"yoga's wise mistake'. it reminds me to check in with my students and do what i can to communicate with them in their language or in a way that transmits - registers with them.

its just a thought.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 4 months ago #27016 by
You could argue that yoda 'allowed' students to make a mistake too far or you could think of it as a species trait.

Humans always want more - were generally greedy in nature - take dooku as an example (or even palpatine ot skywalker senior) they are all human - they all achieved greatness with the force - but what they had was never enough.

Even Mace windu as a human was somewhat borderline dark - qui gon was stubborn, obi wan was a sucker to flattery ...

Maybe yoda was the wrong species to train a human?

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 4 months ago #27018 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:yoda's mistake
it's also possible that he saw the \"greater good\" in each of them and knew that by allowing one failure, he was ensuring greater success at a later point...if luke hadn't failed in the cave would he have been able succeed later against the emperor...sometimes by allowing failure a greater lesson is learned.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 4 months ago #27028 by
yes, i agree with these statements. my goal this this is to learn from the \"mistake\" not justify it or \"appreciate it\". this is a jedi academy. this place offers to teach people - students (who are all human) very powerful and meaningful stuff. how does this site avert or prevent the mistake of yoda? how as teachers do we channel students correctly so they take the \"middle\" path of harmony instead of walking either side?

personally i feel the answer is discipline and channeling. always work with the student. if necessary hold their hand. if they ask for help - listen. if they reach out - grab them. be there for them when they need assistance so they can trust in the universe verse have to \"do it on their own\". once people get hurt asking for \"help\", they generally shut down and become aggressive.

when people need answers - guide them to it. letting people fall on their face is one way, but not the best for making holistic loving people.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 4 months ago #27029 by
you cant really MAKE anyone be anything that isnt already in them - to do otherwise is brainwashing or at least dictatorial and still creates a 'false' personality - whilst they are fictional characters - the jedi council in my mind were correct from the start and anakin should not have been trained.

If you hold true to the idea of fate etc - he'd have become a sith with or without training from the jedi - palpatine just had much of the work done for him.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi