Centered again

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 5 months ago #26566 by
Centered again was created by
It's been awhile since I've been on so I'd like real quick to say hello to everyone, I'm back on the net and my computer works at least 8 hours a day. Now to my story. The other day my girlfriend came and told me that a man walking by our house had been teasing our dogs then threw something into our yard to get them to fight. After they started fighting he walked off. She went and got a burrito wrapper that he had been teasing them with. I looked for the man outside and didn't see him anywhere, then she said that she thought he had walked back behind the house. I went to the back and saw him walking swiftly away. he was already 4 blocks away and close to a housing addition. I could feel the anger rise in me and I decided that he was not going to get away. I grabbed my keys, got in my car and raced down the highway after him. Catching him the first thing that happened was I shouted at him \"What, you like a good fight!!!\" to which he replied yes, I guess. At this point I almost got out to rip his head off his shoulders but for some reason I thought about a conversation I had with someone here about a year ago about joining the clergy. I felt my anger and instead of letting it control me I channeled it into a different direction. I asked if he thought it was fair to the dogs what he had done. He had a surprised look on his face because you could tell he thought I was either going to kill him or seriously injure him. He said that he thought it was probably wrong. I said can you tell me why it was wrong. The incident lasted about 15 minutes and one could tell that I had gotten thru to him in a way that nobody, including myself, thought possible. He has gone by my house several times now and has gotten to know the dogs and even waves to us. All this because for just a sec I remembered a lesson from a long time ago. MTFBWYA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 5 months ago #26567 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:Centered again
it's amazing how something like that comes back to you isn't it

it's good that you were able to take control of your emotions before you did something that you would regret later. most times simple diplomacy is more then sufficient to solve problems. on the very rare occassion that fighting is imminent one should use only enough force to settle the situation and it should not be done in anger ,but out of regret instead, as fighting is the result of a breakdown in communication.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi