Jedi Map and Upcoming Gatherings

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26526 by
Hello all,

If you don’t know me, I’m Moonshadow, one of the co-Administrators of the Jedi Resource Center / Jedi Gatherings Group . We recently upgraded our site and I’d like to invite all of you to check it out.

One of our primary purposes is helping to bring Jedi together in real life, so it would be great if anyone interested would post their location on our Jedi Map . It’ll really help Jedi from nearby areas to find each other and hopefully start offline Chapters. (As a precaution, please just post your city rather than your exact address, though.)

My main reason in posting here, however, is to let you know about our upcoming Gatherings next Summer and Winter. If you aren’t familiar with the concept of Jedi Gatherings, Gatherings are basically a 3 day or longer event during which Jedi and other interested parties come together in real life to share, learn, and apply the real-life aspects of being a Jedi. These Gatherings usually include people from all over the world and are always a lot of fun and a great chance to meet fellow Jedi offline.

I’m very pleased to announce that we will be having both our Annual Gathering, which will be a 4-day event held at a Michigan retreat center with fully catered meals, and also our first ever official International Gathering which will be a 5-day event held in New Zealand at a private residence.

Here are the basic details, but please check out the links for the full brochures. If you’d like to see some pictures from last year’s Gathering, you can also check here as well.

2010 Michigan Jedi Gathering

Date: Thursday July 22nd - Sunday July 25th, 2010
Contact Person: Angelus (jedi_shaman@hotmail.com) and Moonshadow (Moonshadowlight5@gmail.com)

-For full details check here .
-To participate in discussion about the upcoming Gathering, check here .
-To register, express interest, or request more details, please fill out a Jedi Gathering Registration form .

2011 New Zealand Jedi Gathering

Date: Wednesday January 5th - Sunday January 9th, 2011
Contact Person: Inari (wheels76@gmail.com)

-To register, express interest, or request more details, please fill out a Jedi Gathering Registration form .

There is also an upcoming Chicago Regional Gathering next month on December 12, 2009. If anyone is interested in attending, please contact Angelus at jedi_shaman@hotmail.com for more information.

Feel free to contact me at Moonshadowlight5@gmail.com, or post here, with any Gathering or JRC related questions or concerns. Attending a Gathering is always a wonderful experience and I’d love for more people to share in this opportunity.

I'll be continually updating this thread as new information becomes available. Thanks! And I hope to see some of you at least one of the above events!

--Mooonshadow

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26527 by
I can't seem to edit, so please note that Inari's e-mail address is wheeles@gmail.com, NOT wheels@gmai.com. Thanks!

--Moonshadow

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 day ago #30727 by
Hi again,

I just wanted to bump this thread and post a quick reminder about the upcoming Michigan and New Zealand Gatherings. The Michigan Gathering is fast approaching and the final early bird registration deadline is on June 1st. So if you want to get the discounted price, be sure to submit your registration and deposit before then. Attending a Gathering is truly a wonderful experience and definitely worth making the trip. This is your opportunity to finally meet other Jedi off the internet and in real life!

2010 Michigan Jedi Gathering

Date: Thursday July 22nd - Sunday July 25th, 2010
Contact Person: Angelus (jedi_shaman@hotmail.com) and Moonshadow (Moonshadowlight5@gmail.com)

2011 New Zealand Jedi Gathering

Date: Wednesday January 5th - Sunday January 9th, 2011
Contact Person: Inari (wheeles76@gmail.com)

As of now, for the Michigan Gathering, we are expecting about 20-30 attendees and have the following rough schedule prepared. Please note that the schedule is still preliminary and may be modified before the Gathering.

Thursday July 22nd
4:00 - Check In
5:00 - Explore site & Prep for dinner
6:00 - Dinner
7:30 - Evening Meeting (cover some logistics)
9:00 - Meditation
10:30 - Camp Fire Chats

Friday July 23rd
7:00 - Morning Exercise (various routines)
8:30 - BREAKFAST
9:30 - Morning Meting
10:00 - Team Building/Jedi Games
11:00 - Qigong
12:30 - LUNCH
1:30 - Martial Philosophy
2:30 - Martial Arts
3:30 - Free Time / Beach
4:30 - Grappling
6:00 - DINNER
7:00 - Jungian Archetypes
8:00 – Presentation for Campers
9:00 - Jedi Dedication Ceremony
10:00 - Camp-Fire Chats

Saturday July 24th
10:00 - Orienteering
11:30 - Energy Work
12:30 - LUNCH
1:30 - Knighting Ceremony
2:00 - Group Picture
2:30 - Sword Work
3:30 - Free Time / Beach / Creek Walk
6:00 - DINNER
7:00 - Healing Session
9:00 - Meditation
10:00 - Camp Fire Chats
12:00 - Midnight Swim

Saturday July 24th
10:00 - Pack Up
12:00 - Check out

Please feel free to contact me at moonshadowlight5@gmail.com with any questions about either the Jedi Resource Center or the Gatherings. Hope to see you there!

--Mooonshadow

More
14 years 1 day ago #30732 by 666
even michigan is to far from me right now...

Like to , but imposible...

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi