Organizing a Committee

More
14 years 6 months ago #26273 by Alethea Thompson
A diplomat of sorts.

No doubt you will recall Xan_Qenadius post regarding a dialogue he shared with Daniel Jones. At the same time of his own dialogue, an Alethea Benton spoke with Mr. Jones about some of her own concerns to the publicity our friends in Wales have received as of recent.

Not long ago, Alethea wrote me asking if I could help her out. Mr. Jones sent her an e-mail requesting an audience with members of the Jedi Community. She is now in the process of trying to track down a representative from each order to meet with Mr. Jones via Skype (their might be another options, she is currently looking into getting a chat client up that most everyone can use).

At the moment, there is not a date or time for the meeting. She is trying to gather the group together before those plans are made concrete.

What I have been asked to do, is to inform the membership of Temple of the Jedi Force that this will be taking place, and find a representative for the event.

::bows::

May the Force be with you,
Randi Oxford

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26274 by
Replied by on topic Re:Organizing a Committee
Im willing to do this - basically because of the timezone issues im probably the best choice as a UK resident.

However - I do feel that this should be an 'open' event (within reason) as there can be no doubts that the opinion of one person wouldnt not necessarily reflect the general feeling of a whole sit/temple/organisation.

In terms of a client to run this even - Team speak is probably the best system for a verbal dialogue as it can easily be bolted onto an existing site and most servers offer te facility very cheaply or even free.

As a side note - I seem to remember some time back that totjo had already nominated a 'diplomat' for intersite discussions etc some time ago - if anyone knows who this person is/was then please post here (or even if you are the person nominated).

Might I also suggest that each group has a means for folk who wont be able to attend (or dont wish too for whatever reason) to be able to make a comment or have some input by proxy - eg they could send a pm to whoever and if needed - anonymity would be guaranteed - this way - the 'general' feeling iof a site could be put forward by the representative.

Just my thoughts - but I do feel the blog entries (on this site at least) do give a good idea of folks feelings.

MTBWY - A

More
14 years 6 months ago #26275 by Alethea Thompson
I have been assured that the chat will be copied in full. Where it will be kept, I am unsure. Knowing Alethea, she will probably pass it out to all individuals present for them to determine what should be done with their copy.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
14 years 6 months ago #26281 by Alethea Thompson
So far, it looks like Kana and Secret Squirrel(at TOTJF, not sure of his name here) have offered their assistance in this matter.

I don't mean to look as though I am trying to speed things up, but I was wondering if anyone else wanted to volunteer? Or if there are any objections to someone even being present?

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
14 years 6 months ago #26282 by Zanthan Storm
I volunteer as well. Ive read everything as well and have a couple questions of my own.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26285 by
Randi Oxford wrote:

So far, it looks like Kana and Secret Squirrel(at TOTJF, not sure of his name here) have offered their assistance in this matter.

I don't mean to look as though I am trying to speed things up, but I was wondering if anyone else wanted to volunteer? Or if there are any objections to someone even being present?

SS on TOTJF is Kana-Seiko Haruki here :D (thought you knew that?)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 6 months ago #26286 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:Organizing a Committee
rofl now the squirrel avatar makes perfect sense :laugh:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
14 years 6 months ago #26289 by Alethea Thompson
LOL! No I didn't realize this. Thank you for the clarification! :)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
14 years 5 months ago #26537 by Alethea Thompson
I recently read the transcripts for this. It's interesting. Has anyone else been able to read over it? I wonder what anyone's thoughts on the meeting are.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 5 months ago #26541 by
I missed the meeting as i was 'held up' on another matter (and deleting all my inbox didnt help :D)

Id be interested in seeing a transcript - could you also send my apologies to whoever as well (as I said - i lost my inbox and thus the addresses) - Im also aware Master Ang (og TOTJF) missed the meet due to illness so I think he'd appreciate a look too ;)

MTFBWY - A

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi