The Ultimate Warrior Vs The Ultimate Worrier or What Would You Lecture About?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26246 by
I recently saw a Youtube video featuring parts of a university lecture given by the the ex-wrestler The Ultimate Warrior- his legal name is just plain Warrior these days (I wish I was joking).

He's very right wing, anti-gay and anti-drugs. He paced up and down on the stage, ranting and raving, carrying on with a bunch of angry nonsense. Questions were answered abruptly, inpatiently and rudely. It was unintentionally hilarious and agonisingly horrible at the same time.

I'm not the smartest person in the world, but I'm sure I could deliver a better lecture than the one I saw.

If I could give a lecture about something I knew about it would probably be about living with severe anxiety issues- this is something I've had to deal with every day for years.

If you had a choice to lecture about something you know a lot about what would it be?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26252 by
The REAL FACTS about global warming

A brief outline - there has been several ice ages in the history of planet earth - all of which follows a period of 'global warming' - and all but one of these events has occurred without significant human presence.

BTW - ever noticed how it feels a bit warmer when it snows? - snow is formed when ice crystals in clouds are warmed by 4 degrees and thus fall as snow flakes instead of hail stones. - MY point - global warming in miniature.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26265 by
Kana Seiko Haruki wrote:

The REAL FACTS about global warming

A brief outline - there has been several ice ages in the history of planet earth - all of which follows a period of 'global warming' - and all but one of these events has occurred without significant human presence.

BTW - ever noticed how it feels a bit warmer when it snows? - snow is formed when ice crystals in clouds are warmed by 4 degrees and thus fall as snow flakes instead of hail stones. - MY point - global warming in miniature.

I know you weren't there for any of the other ice ages (:laugh: ) but is there evidence of extreme weather beforehand- droughts (a big issue in Australia right now), tsunamis, unseasonal snow etc?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26267 by
Tsunamis are utterly unrelated to weather patterns - a tsunami is in simple terms the result of a sudden shift in water depth in an otherwise and normally shallow water (shallow in terms of perspective)

Imagine the sea bed in two sections - the sea is normally 'shallow' over the whole area - then you suddenly either raise or lower one part of the sea bed - water being water like to be 'level' and thus the water thats been changes falls creating a wave.

Wiki will explain better than I can.

As for 'extreme' weather patterns - yes there is evidence - in all manner of places/sources but isnt an ice age in itself an 'extreme' weather pattern?

Dont get me wrong - im not saying that we should pump tonnes of junk into the oceans and atmosphere - but what I am saying is that certain groups (namely companies and governments) will look for any excuse to either eek more cash out of us or 'stock pile' for their own purposes.

Here is a well known and easily proven point - when mount st helens blew its top - it released more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than the whole of the USA did over a period of a decade. Has anyone said to volcanoes 'you cant do that - it will cause global warming' ?

These are all things that have to be put into the equation - a bigger issue that IS man made is acidification of the oceans - and believe me - that will cause bigger problems for the whole planet (and not just humans) if left unchecked than 'global warming'.

Im not a conspiracy theorist - but in these matters - one needs to educate oneself.

MTFBWY - A

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi