To our military personel (esp women)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 8 months ago #25385 by
so far you have all been a big help. I keep going back and forth about it. i keep wanting to forget i ever even considered it but at the same time i keep remembering that i don't complete most things i start and my family does need this more then my continuous procrastination. i will talk to a few other people and to some recruiters (as much as i am dreading them calling me and emailing me at all hours of the day). Anyway, if anyone has more to say the continued opinions and such are being emensly helpful.

MTFBWY A

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 8 months ago #25391 by
Br. Patrick, I don't agree with what you are doing but Godspeed my brother. Thank you for risking your life and liberty for myself and this beautiful country. I will support you no matter what but those are some hard questions one has to be asked if one is going to take on such a responsibility.

I just don't trust the government and I fear we have lost our Moral Imperative.

And what's up with this:
Pentagon Wants Authority to Post Almost 400,000 Military Personnel in U.S.

http://www.progressive.org/wx081209b.html

Also to all former and current servicemen, here is a group that has publically affirmed their oath to follow the constitution of the US, no matter what the orders. It's headed by ex-special forces, Ivey league lawyer, Stewart Rhodes.

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

Thank you all for your service, MTFBWYall, Will

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 8 months ago #25532 by
Seems like you've gotten a lot of replies from people with out any first hand military experience, allow me to change that for you.

I am a United States Marine, I've been in since 2007. I'll be honest with you, it has its ups and it has its downs. Some days I hate where I am, but other days I love it. I've never had a job that has been more fulfilling. I'm doing my part to protect the country, no matter how menial the task may be.

My job is an Intelligence Analyst, I take information derived from classified sources, and turn it into something useful, that commanders use to make decisions, and save lives on the battlefield. I take pride in my job, as a matter of fact, it is the only thing that I have ever been good at, ever.

Enough about me.

The military is a rewarding experience, that nobody, unless they have served, will be able to compare with you. It taught me a lot of things in my life, and has matured me past my years. I know that I will be a better human being in the long run due to the service I give for this country.

There might be a few people who don't agree, but it is simply out of ignorance. All you see on CNN, NBC, and like news networks is all of the destruction, all of the death. The reason for this, is because it is what sells to the American public, their ratings go up, they get to stay in business.

If I told you about the looks that I've seen on Iraqi and Afghan children faces when you hand them a lunchbox, with school supplies, your heart would melt. When you have men and women coming up to you, thanking you for everything. When you give a man running water for the first time.

But that is just my perspective on the work that I do.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 8 months ago #25535 by
That is a wonderful perspective. I have already decided to join and i hope that i can feel some sort of pride that you have felt in your time. I hope your experiences can be handed down to others here at the temple and otherwise.

MTFBWY

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 8 months ago #25537 by Jon
That`s great news Master April, because it is what you want and is also a great service to others. I can only imagine that the world in such a situation will be opened for you. Go for it Sister and MTFBWY and your family.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 8 months ago #25543 by
I know that I am alittle bit late on this one, but Master April, I do believe that the Air Force would be a fine and good choice for you.

I wish you well in your decision and not sure what route you have decided to take, but you can't go wrong with USAF.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 8 months ago #25553 by
I am glad to see so much support. I do have the feeling that the vast majority of Jedi support our troops and am glad to know that i have so many friends.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 8 months ago #25664 by
well i finally spoke to an air force recruiter and they told me i am disqualified to join because of my credit, i already know i have bad credit so it looks like i am going to be joining the Army. I have problems with the Navy, i sure as heck am not going to be a Marine (no offense but that is not for me) and i don't want to be a national guard. i have already spoke to a recruiter and i will be setting up an appointment soon. I have decided that i want to try for linguist since i am learning Japanese and i want to finish learning German. We are less happy with this decision but not by much, i would have perfered air force but i really need to get my credit taken care of and now that i know this it reminds me that i will finally start getting my credit done. yay!

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 8 months ago #25667 by
With all due respect - id try not to think of it as 'they wouldnt have me cos I had duff credit'

think of it 'Im too good for them' ;)

The army probably wont like to think you joined them as a 'second best' type thought.

MTFBWY - A

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 8 months ago #25675 by
lol, well i wasn't going to walk up to the army recruiter and say 'yeah (in a whiny voice) this was my second choice so i am not going to give it my all'. no, i mean just because they are my fall back, they do have a linguistic thing and that i what i am still going to go for, so yay!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi