the force and life

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #23470 by
the force and life was created by
I am not asking for the christian/muslim/etc take on this, but purely from the perspective of the Jedi philosophy itself; according to said philosophy, when does the force come to inhabit a human being? conception? or is it like a chain of life from the first formed to now? if the last is true, then it would seem it is like homicide to orgasm without a partner on the part of a male (to be as polite as possible.. I do not seek to offend.) if the foremost is true, then the destruction of a blastocyst (human embryo) is homicide likewise.

I thank you as I am probing this on purely moral grounds of my own curiosity as I start this walk as a Jedi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 10 months ago #23471 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:the force and life
\"16 Basic Teachings of the Jedi

1. As Jedi, we are in touch with the Living Force flowing through and around us, as well as being spiritually aware of the Force. Jedi are trained to become sensitive to the Force's energy, fluctuations, and disturbances.\"

Just as the Force is present in the sperm and egg so it is in the embryo. The very fact of their existance justifies the Force`s presence. Therefore the Jedi believe in the worth of every human being as well of course the rest of the universe.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #23472 by
Replied by on topic Re:the force and life
pardon my thick-headedness, and I mean no disrespect but that did not answer any of my questions.

it is like you read my question then began to give me some commentary on a piece of Jedi belief without proper context to the intent of my question.

I count this as my own misunderstanding, as I do not doubt your intelligence as a seemingly high ranking member of the order given your status as a Bishop.

thank you in advance.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 10 months ago #23473 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:the force and life
Well I`m sorry about that but I thought I did at least answer:

\"does the force come to inhabit a human being? conception?\"

If not then maybe you could reformulate your answer.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #23489 by
Replied by on topic Re:the force and life
As suggested - I feel perhaps your style of writing has inadvertently caused a slight confusion as also from my view - your question was answered (and I agree with the answer - the force is present everywhere, in every one of our cells, perhaps it is the 'void' talked about within atoms/molecules)

Perhaps another way to look upon it this - that its when the 'human' comes to inhabit the force

As to (being my usual blunt self) is male masturbation a sin against the force (sorry but ive a massive monty python moment buzzing in my head now - ie 'every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great, and if a sperm is wasted, god gets quite irate') - ok - is it 'murder of the cells' (cant be homocide if an actual human isnt killed) one could argue than perhaps a females menstrual cycle is in a form natural murder.

Likewise - is using antibacterial hand wash 'murder' is using bleach to clean 'murder' - this is verging into Jainism.

The beauty of jediism is that the root of the faith is the force but as a 'faith' we dont have too many 'rules' as to how individuals practice it - we dont have 'thou shalt not knock one off for fear of being struck down by the force' or 'thou shalt meditate (not masturbate) twice a day' etc

basically - there is a standard belief and following of the force and the rest (upto a point) is determined by the individual = if you choose to impose a no masturbation rule on yourself thats fine, same with not drinking alcohol or smoking or drugs or sex before marriage etc etc etc

your body and your conscience is your affair

Just my thoughts anyway - if you have further questions - feel free ot ask

MTFBWY - A

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi