jedi robes

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #199 by
jedi robes was created by
I was curious if anyone here had A good pattern for jedi robes I got one but....let's just say it's not he best.......and wouldn't mind makin some better looking ones any help would be appreciated thnx

May the foce be with you all,
Br.Orrix
Knight of Jediism

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #294 by
Replied by on topic Re:jedi robes
i just sewed my own from a basic cloak pattern and modified it accordingly. that seems to work best.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #387 by
I am not going to claim to have the best pattern, but one idea that is very simple and requires no pattern would be to look up, or as me for diagrams, on how to make a \"long t tunic\" which is generally attributed to medieval re-enactment. Basically its a robe t-tunic that has a belled bottom so you can still move and the top can be as formed or as loose as you want. I have a few for my SCA persona and if you do it right you can still completely move in them.

If you want an exactly like the movie look alike you'd want to find a costume study site on jedi. If you just want simple monks robes those aren't hard to find. Beyond that I'd say if you make it up based on your own idea of a basic robe-based outfit that counts. Personally I would have to say that until the Order adopts a universal dress that has patterns and details on the site, a long t-tunic, a tabard, and a neatly folded sash would do nicely. As soon as I finish the stuff I am working on I will post photos.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #540 by
i bought my robe from a web site called outer robes. it is a lot better then the robe i made. be sure to check it out they are a little pricey but they back there words. if something is wrong they can help you, they are real people people. i hope what ever anyone chooses they are happy with it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #573 by
I don't have my robes yet, I'm saving up the money to go get the fabric and find a decent pattern. I'm hoping to make a set of black robes for winter and brown for summer. I'm such a girl that way.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1008 by
There a brilliant website that I go for Jedi robes. It shows (and the detailed pattern) the robes in the orignal movies and the new ones.

http://www.jedi-academy.com/

Have a look and see what you think.

Sharmilla Wymann

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #1036 by
Thanks for the info i will be sure to check it out

MTFBWYA

Anakin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1811 by
I plan to get a robe from Outer Robes. They have been making them for a while and I have heard very good responses about their work. They have excellant feedback and testimonials. If you watch their eBay auctions, it will save you a little on the Republic credits.
Amras

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1822 by
well i didnt know ebay at the time but i got my robe from them. it was perfect very wise choice. MTFBWY all

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1824 by
There is a site that I have looked at and it looks good.

http://www.jedi-academy.com

That was written by brain so if it dosen't workj then let me know.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi