In Response to \"The Secret\" and other thoughts

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 month ago #176 by
I guess I would like to start by making it clear I mean no offense by anything I am about to say. Obviously that puts everyone on edge, but that's just how it has to be.

This movie, the secret, I am concerned about. I've watched the \"meditation\" aids on youtube and I've watched te trailer for the movie. I would be very fascinated to get a chance to watch the movie, but not only can't I not justify the cost(even if only 5$), but I am apprehensive. The visual aids simply involve visual stimulation and imagery and words, phrases, such as \"I am a money magnet\" and \"I am in charge of my own life\". I hold nothing against these things, but I get the impression from the oprah show clips and the visual aids and the trailer that this really isn't anything new. I've said this before but not related to that movie-->

THe world has lost something. Where virtues like honor, chivalry, justice, respect, humility, generosity, courage, compassion, trust, trustworthyness, and so forth were once considered the right way to do things and considered qualities to endevour towards, they are now simply afterthoughts of the majority of the populace. Furthermore, spiritual beliefs have become weakened. Pagan religions dominated the world before 4000BC and were still a strong entity up until nearly the last centuries of BC and christianity and other non-pagan religions began developing somewhere in there, and that is good, that is awesome, but at some point they took over and things that were once commonplace were lost. THe capacity of herblore is no longer passed on from generation to generation. Respect of nature is no longer important to the majority.

Most important in relation to this topic(the movie) is that the capacity of people to control their own lives, to manipulate the energies around them either passivly(general thoughts/optimism/pessimism) or activly(directly moving energy around), and to fully use thier assets to their advantage and the advantage of others is not commonplace, and even in most circles and groups and religions the concept of \"magic\" is a lie and considerd evil. I find it ironic that now, as we near the height of that loss of our full true capacity, that using the media and a concept that should be known by everyone, people are turning the sharing of this knowledge, of our common heritage as human beings, into an oppertunity to make money. And even worse is that knowing that humanity has become very materialistic as a whole they are enticing people to buy their product with the offer of wealth. I find this not only rediculious but somewhat suspicious. You know when you get this feeling like something isn't right, like maybe there is just something off, like DeJaVu in the matrix, or the red apple from the witch. Its that feeling.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 month ago #177 by
This makes sense, and it is for some of those resons that I am pagan and not christian. Back to my celtic roots if you will. Although, I have not heard of this movie before, it sounds like a twisted form of self modivation. I will have to look into it more.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 weeks ago #191 by
I'm glad you understand. I guess I should clarify though, I hold nothing against christian beliefs. In fact I hold nothing against any beliefs. I think my issues come when a beliefe system is regimented into a large scale church to the point where its a corruption of power and control of people.

Church originally was a word for a spiritual community. THat is what most wiccan circles are, that is what this website is, but when it gets so large, such as the catholic church, or the mormon church, and even some sects of the masonry beliefs, it transcends a church as a spiritual community into what the word church means today, a political entity in a religious playing field. So many churches these days are corrupted by the darker sides of human nature that its hard to tell if there is any good left in them.

Like I said, I hold nothing against any beliefs, but when a church transcends beliefs into a place where there are rules and restrictions and expectations and \"do this many of these and never do this or your doomed\" it becomes something that I think whatever omniscient construct is watching over us never intended.

THe bible says that Jesus Christ came to earth to rebuild teh Church of his father(God) and open the gates of heaven so that all souls may enter. Recognizing that the bible was written a long time ago, at the very latest before the 3-4th century for the most part(might need a check on that), the fact remains that the word church did not mean to describe what the catholic church, for example, is today. The definition of church in that era of language was a spiritual community. He came back to earth to rebuild the spiritual community of his father, of God. I think that the problem with most large christian churches is that the interpretations are not based in the reality of their context.

I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on this.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi