The Force Academy

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17473 by
The Force Academy was created by
Today I was on our sister site, and through numerous clickings I found The Force Academy. Go to (forceacademy.com) and tell me what you think.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17474 by
Replied by on topic Re:The Force Academy
I did a quick run through on that site and it looked pretty cool. I think I'll have to spend more time to get a more in depth opinion. But from what I saw I liked it. Especially the idea of running a program to test physical and mental responses based upon a person Force \"sensitivity\". Not too bad.

More
15 years 9 months ago #17506 by Alethea Thompson
Force Academy(as my best friend is a member there) is currently undergoing some changes. They are in the process of creating a new site, because the current one won't allow for new members to sign up. I continue to talk with my friend and read what is posted.

May the Force be with you,
Randi Oxford

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17677 by
I actually signed up and was undergoing training last semester but i stopped going half way threw, i would get ahead and then not go back and check everything, not to mention i didn't really feel like i belonged there because they focus on the philosophy more then the religion, they make it very clear that they teach the philosophy and not so much the religion, i am not saying it was bad by any means and i do mean to return. :) hope this all helped though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17688 by
I would imagine, that in order to fully understand the Force, one would have to be educated on the Force at all aspects. Perhaps The Academy can be used for the philosophey and our Temple is where one would find the religious aspect.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17703 by
to true, i never said it was a bad place, just explaining what i learned while there. If you would like to get a good grasp of many different aspects that is definately a good learning tool. not to mention they have an excellent meditation program :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17716 by
Keep us informed of their progress, I'm interested in putting myself through their program to see how I measure up.

More
15 years 9 months ago #17719 by Alethea Thompson
I'll keep you posted Decimus. As I have been told, with the new site, they are having serious discussions about what their training will consist of.

The way I understand it, there have been issues in the past regarding teachings of the more \"mystical\" ideas behind the Force. This lead to them leaning more towards the philisophical rather than teaching the exploration of the mystical ideas. But they have some rather learned individuals on the subject. Things might change up and go back to what it was when the Academy started.

Also, I've been informed that the site's main page(the one you all have visited) is outdated. The new one SHOULD be up within the month.

May the Force be with you,
Randi Oxford

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #17735 by
Thanks for the info Randi.

We to are working on setting up an academy. Many of us are working on the library project to get that finished. So keep us in touch with that information Randi.

MTFBWY
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #17738 by
Decimus wrote:

I would imagine, that in order to fully understand the Force, one would have to be educated on the Force at all aspects. Perhaps The Academy can be used for the philosophey and our Temple is where one would find the religious aspect.

I actually like that idea. I've always held that the only way to really get a good grasp on... well, anything, really... is to get many views on the subject. Within this Temple itself, I guess that would count understanding both the Light and Dark sides, while I guess the entirety of Jedi learnings would expect views from all different churches, temples, and... um... philosophers. :dry:

Really anything you can find on the Force. Or any religions or philosophies related. But I think I'm only stating what we all know, now. :blush:

*wanders off to check out the site*

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi