How To Keep From Being Confused

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16052 by
Greetings, all, it is I, Joshakin! Anyways, as some of you have heard, I have recently been taken by Azrel as her Apprentice. I am very grateful for this, and hope to do very well. However, there is something that I plan to do that MIGHT give way to confusion. Azrel as made it quite clear that she will not teach me anything of the Fifth Rite. I am fine with that. We have an understanding that I will be taught in the ways of HER rite and, when I become a Knight, can incorporate those teachings into my studies of the Fifth. My only question is this; how does one blend the teachings of different rites into one, uniform, understandable philosophy? THAT is my goal...any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16053 by
I dont know if this helps but I have always believed that when it comes to faith blending, you should just take what you like and discard the rest. Just do what you feel makes sence to you.

good luck and congrats

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16054 by
Josh, concentrate on your teachings, and once you have completed everything, and you are a Knight, then you can turn your thoughts to the 5th, if you still wish to do so. For now, concentrate whole heardtedly on what Azrel has to teach you. ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16056 by
The core of Jediism is that whatever 'Rite' you happen to be in, the core is we are all Force followers. Your training in this case as a neutral with Azrel will be the same in 99% of it as it would have been had i or any master taken you as apprentice.

You must learn to walk before you can run. Everything will be clear by the end of your training, at which point you are free to walk your own paths.

I talked to others about how best to train you and all said essentially the same, the best way is to be trained as normal and the new Knight (thats you when trained) can make own decisions.

You will be more balanced for it

Patience is key and so far youve been more than that

MTFBWY - A

More
15 years 10 months ago #16062 by Br. John
I do not know. Maybe what appear to be paradoxes and contradictions are illusions that vanish when we know enough.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #16063 by
Josh, we discussed this and if you have more confusion just ask.
Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by .

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
15 years 10 months ago #16064 by Jon
Br. Joshakin there is no Fifth Rite anymore. Only the TOTS. When you have reached the status of knight, as Sarus has said, training can be taken from there.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16066 by
Thank you Br Sauron for clarification on this matter, I will for for one keep this in mind for future reference.

MTFBWY - A / MTFSYW

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16068 by
I suggest that you gather all the information that you need first.How can you give a victory speech if your still at the starting line?

When you become a night im sure it will be clearer and you wont need much help with your project.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi