The Universal Message in all Religions

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #14058 by
We have all seen the lectures and the book on the front page for starting training. Ive listened to the lectures, and read the book. The one thing that has struck me the most, that has changed my perception, is that there seems to be a universal message to mankind in all religions and myths. There are certain truths that can be found in every religion myth and legend. One of these would be the classic, \"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.\" It amazes me that these truths are all the same in all faiths although they are sepperated my oceans, continents, cultures, race, etc. This has led me to realize that if one can put together all the universal truths found in all faiths, one will find the universal message given to all mankind.

Masters, your thoughts please.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 2 weeks ago #14063 by Jon
This reflects back on the one Force which drives all of creation. It demonstrates how many nations perceive this Force but understand it in different ways. It explains that all resulting strife derives from a lack of understanding and not from different truths.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #14064 by
I agree master

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #14068 by
I feel bad for this, but... I've had these thoughts for a while. This might be because I've spent a lot of my time prior to becoming a Jedi, looking through mythology and religions... and I've noticed that the Golden Rule factors heavily in most morality, and is indeed the one commandment most others are taken from.

All most religions really ask is that you treat one another well... and from there, it's all a matter of details.

I agree with Master Jon, too, in that the fights and wars among religion tend to stem from alternative interpretations, and the misunderstandings that follow. Though sometimes the arguments over the details do come into play.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 weeks ago #14070 by
Many conflicts also stem from many of the core human emotions and one of the more unfortunate ones is the need to be right all the time, it only takes two 'important' people to disagree and millions can be killed as a result.

There is a slightly sinical saying about religion being the cause of war, I think its more religion is a hot topic that is 'sacred' to many and its a case of 'dont go there or else'

Look at Iraq or Afghanistan, forget the political whys n whatfores, as to why xyz are there, but look at what it is becoming,

As said, in the ideal world, all the shared parts of religions would be bound to one all encompassing religion (funnily enough, it already has :D) and the world would live in harmony by it. Sadly as is often the case, it is not as easy as that and humans being what we are, will not agree on anything, I suspect our species will end whilst bickering over something relatively trivial.

Its the nature of the beast so to speak, but we can only do out best to show the world a better way, not through force but by simple honest example.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi