More
1 year 9 months ago #369396 by Carlos.Martinez3
As Jedi, what are the symbols we use?
The Force
The Light Saber
The Mantel of Knighthood
Our Path
Light and Dark side .

How do you use your symbols as a Jedi? Do you? Which and how?
Pastor Carlos

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #369445 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic True Symbols
The hilt, to the Path.
The blade, to the Force.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Serenity Amyntas

More
1 year 8 months ago #369458 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic True Symbols
The blade.. the sword. One of the symbols is the Saber.

You use it as a reminder of focus? I do like that. This year we will be going over fencing with the son. HONOR seems to be a key to everything done with it.

Do the colors symbolise anything for us as Jedi?

Build, not tear down.

More
1 year 8 months ago #369459 by River
Replied by River on topic True Symbols
I have a saber. I never thought I'd have a saber, as I'm not all that into Star Wars nor the warrior archetype, but I have one. I got it when I got Knighted.
For me, it's a reminder that sometimes I have to do the things I'm not comfortable with. I have to be assertive or even aggressive, to not back away from important confrontations... basically, sometimes I do have to embody that warrior side of myself even if it's not comfortable for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
1 year 8 months ago #369462 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic True Symbols
The Warrior

This too is a symbol of an archetype.

The Warrior in the garden as well.

Ever wonder why in the Star Wars, its always farms and things of that nature -moisture farms -we find in the symbols hiding or returning to?

When not in practice or in use, practice goes hand in hand with the saber and Honor.

I will share this with y'all. It is taken from the book The Hero Within by Carol S. Pearson

"The Warrior archetype is also an elitist myth, which at its base embodies the notion that some people take their heroic journeys while others simply serve and sacrifice. Yet, we are all really one: as long as we are not our taking our journeys, finding our voices, our talents, and making our unique contributions to the world, we start feeling less and less alive-- even the most privileged among us. No one can truly profit for long at another's expense."

I think the symbol of the Warrior or the Jedi - can be parallel for some. Not just soldiers or the elite but any one can handle a Saber...and with practice, anyone can be a master...not of a weapon but of the idea of our symbols too.

Jedi can be a understandable mix of what humans can be, when you think about that, how complex a human is...it can take some understanding.

The same author states in the same book ...

"I began to recognize that men and women go through - albeit in somewhat different forms and sometimes in a slightly different order- the same basic stages of growth in claiming their heroism. "

The "Hero" is one of those we use often here in this site as well.

Build, not tear down.

More
1 year 8 months ago #369541 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic True Symbols
I actually own nearly every book in the Star Wars Expanded Universe / Legacy series. I used to own a lot of Star Wars toys and such, lightsabers, etc. But I sold it all. I tend not to like holding onto physical attachments that have to do with being a Jedi. The books are something different. They're a story, one that molded me into a Jedi, so they symbolize who I am.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity Amyntas

More
1 year 8 months ago #369570 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic True Symbols

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Do the colors symbolise anything for us as Jedi?

Not rigidly no, though the idea is useful as a working concept. I've only ever dreamed of a green lightsaber for example so that could be used to mean something!?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi