Which states in the United States recognize Jediism as an official religion?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
1 year 8 months ago #369333 by
I was just wondering which states in the United State recognize Jediism as an official religion. Is it federally recognized? If I wanted to start a local temple, would it be possible to get all rights and privileges as a church of a more popular religion?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #369334 by Ashria
Jediism is not a recognized religion in the United States, that being said if you apply for a 501c3 under church status you would be granted all rights that a church receives. I would suggest doing some research for how to start a 501c3 (make sure to incorporate).

Knight of the Order
House of Orion
IP Team Lead
Event Coordinator
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Ashria.

More
1 year 8 months ago #369336 by Rex
Neither the US Federal government nor states recognize religions. The 501c3 definition for churches is purposely ambiguous, but you'd be better off first having a congregation before constructing a physical edifice and trying to legally incorporate it.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
1 year 8 months ago #369337 by Zero
[quote="qeczawdxs" post=369333would it be possible to get all rights and privileges as a church of a more popular religion?[/quote]

What rights and privileges are you talking about? Churches are no different than any other business in the United States.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

More
1 year 8 months ago #369338 by Carlos.Martinez3
Pastor Carlos here.

Yes -all 50 and those who choose

As a 501 c.3 -A recognized International Ministry and Public Charity; tax exempt (donations are US income tax deductible) 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 2005.

We are Legally recognized

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/images/TOTJO-IRS-Exemption-Letter.pdf

The Church Site and its Order can give community service hours and have ministries and can even officiate weddings and earn Degrees in Divinity.

The FAQ answers a few of the obvious questions but feel free to thumb through it if you like. My in box is always open. May the Force be with you.

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
1 year 8 months ago #369341 by Zero
I wouldn’t say all 50 pastor Carlos ……but we are federally recognized (by the u.s. government not individual state governments)

I think the answers the op posed can be found here. https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/10/26/2017-23269/federal-law-protections-for-religious-liberty

I’m not sure what other rights and privileges you would be referring too.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #369342 by Carlos.Martinez3
You MAY be correct- TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGING as we speak.

But you are, you do understand what Rex said too- as far as Church, Government and States-edit * In America they dont do that- but they do recognize your tax ID. In that we are all under the same rules and laws and recognition.

This is being funny but here ya go

Every one recognizes a Jedi.
Pastor Carlos

Smiley Face

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zero

More
1 year 4 months ago #370801 by Leor Hal
Seing the question s orientation i wanted to ask: Why wanting to make jediism a religion? By experience we have seen that religions are source of divisions isolation and power struggle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Serenity Amyntas

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi