Who here considers themselves red pilled?

More
1 year 10 months ago #368018 by Wescli Wardest

One’s perception determines one’s reality. For many, the “red pill” moment comes when they have lived long enough to notice the passing of a time, a way or the spirit of an era.

“It is said that what is called "the spirit of an age" is something to which one cannot return. That this spirit gradually dissipates is due to the world's coming to an end. For this reason, although one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation.”
― Tsunetomo Yamamoto, Hagakure

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Causse

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #368313 by Streen
I'm pretty sure I've taken a lot of huge red pills. The Jedi path provided one, in a sense. After that though they kind of just kept coming as I grew older. I made a comment about this before, that I tend to have a "universal" view of things; in other words, I look at the bigger picture. I started to ask the big question, "WHY?" to just about everything happening in my life and the world. Yoda and I would have a philosophical argument over that one, LOL. That word, the why of things, is probably the most important question one can ask.

Every why that you find has no answer—that there is no reason behind a thing—that is a red pill. Much of what we're taught in life eventually has to be unlearned. That is at least something Yoda and I would agree on. Unlearning is probably more important than anything you could learn.

Objective perspective is hard to achieve, but I do think it's possible.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Causse

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
1 year 10 months ago #368325 by
I seem to need multiple doses of this "red pill" in order to shake myself from my own delusions. I think, anytime that I am fully present, I am "red pilled". It's just that I seem to forget when the moment passes.

As I get older, I spend more time in the here-and-now and less in the far-off searching.

But, I guess my point is that "red-pilling" is not a binary. The switch doesn't flip and then you've evolved. For me, at least, it is a process of seeing truth and then hiding from it. The goal is to bask in the light of truth more and more.

Our own deceptions and delusions are often not ill-conceived. They are generally earnest attempts at self-protection. It's easier to see your own version of reality than to tap into the Living Force.

My question for y'all is... what delusions are you catching yourself believing in today? lol. Mine? I didn't think I could even walk 40-minutes at a high speed. But, I proved myself wrong. Perhaps I'm more ready for my work-out program than I thought I was.

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
1 year 10 months ago #368354 by Whyte Horse

Morivou wrote: I seem to need multiple doses of this "red pill" in order to shake myself from my own delusions. I think, anytime that I am fully present, I am "red pilled". It's just that I seem to forget when the moment passes.

As I get older, I spend more time in the here-and-now and less in the far-off searching.

But, I guess my point is that "red-pilling" is not a binary. The switch doesn't flip and then you've evolved. For me, at least, it is a process of seeing truth and then hiding from it. The goal is to bask in the light of truth more and more.

Our own deceptions and delusions are often not ill-conceived. They are generally earnest attempts at self-protection. It's easier to see your own version of reality than to tap into the Living Force.

My question for y'all is... what delusions are you catching yourself believing in today? lol. Mine? I didn't think I could even walk 40-minutes at a high speed. But, I proved myself wrong. Perhaps I'm more ready for my work-out program than I thought I was.

Yes, it is a process. It's even broken down into phases. First comes the anger/upset phase, then crossing the abyss, and finally being at peace with the world as it is. From the matrix analogy, Neo pukes/gets upset when he gets unplugged and learns the truth. Then he crosses the abyss by learning to bend the rules and save Morpheus. Finally he is at peace with the truth by handling the matrix on his own terms. Cypher never crosses the abyss and opts for being put back into the matrix.

Many people get stuck and never cross the abyss. I think this is the delusion most people catch themselves believing today. They think it's better to be ignorantly blissful than to acknowledge the sometimes-awful truth. But it keeps coming back and biting them in the butt. Like they know in the back of their head the steak isn't real and that they're a slave but they pretend otherwise.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
1 year 8 months ago #369340 by

Rex wrote: As a tangent, in practice most people who describe themselves as redpilled are talking about this contextually related to conspiracy theories; so I have a bad taste in my mouth for this phrase.

This bothers me too. Most of the time when I see people talking about the "red pill," it seems they're really just misidentifying another blue pill, driving themselves right into some new delusion.

These are usually the same people who really like to decry others as "woke," even though that's... conceptually speaking, at least... supposed to be the same thing as the "red pill" of The Matrix. But, once we drive into politics, we really fall into a twisting game of semantics anyway.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #369344 by
For me it’s a loaded question.

The whole metaphor of the “blue pill” and “red pill” was not about the outcome of it.

The most important message for me was that he was given a choice. He was given the power to choose his fate. That was the defining moment.

For me the metaphor translates into every day life as not so much the labels and identities associated with swallowing either of the pills. But more about the mindfulness of the power we hold in the choices we make day to day.

That for me is where the real power of the message is contained.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
1 year 6 months ago #370116 by
This is just a test to see if it goes through..

If we are talking about red pilled in the since of the whole man vs woman thing; then that in itself is just perspective and understanding. I don't see myself as red pilled anymore because during my studies here its "being in that state of mind of hate". I mean when we let past experiences dictate our actions we might miss out on a chance at something great. To always do good, even if that Good doesn't lead to a good result. Its acceptance that made me stop thinking in that red pill kind of way.

Though, if we are talking about the matrix and the red pill being the willingness to learn a potentially unsettling or life-changing truth or the blue pill by remaining in contented ignorance then I would say I take both and represent both. Perspective is key, but having faith in what you are doing regardless of the truth is what shows the character of a person. If we get down to it , then Red Pill because I rather always follow the truth.

Don't follow the man that says he's found the truth, always follow the man searching for the truth. Is what I believe.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi