Virtual Reality Meetups

More
2 years 2 months ago #365274 by Zeth Windwrecker
Has anyone at the temple suggested meeting up virtually in VR? I recently got my hands on an Oculus Quest 2, and I thought "What if other temple members could find me in the metaverse, and make fun of me there?" I immediately then began writing this post.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Zeth Windwrecker

Teaching Guru: Raxicorico

Apprentices: Open to new students

“No, failure is not the end. It is a necessary part of the path” - Master Eno Cordova

“Remember, persistence reveals the path” - Master Jaro Tapal

“Our mistakes are in the past... It's about what we do next that’s important” - Cal Kestis, Jedi Knight

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Satelle, Chris-Tien

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #365275 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Virtual Reality Meetups
Fulcrum was talking about this. Let's see what the need is and we can go from there

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Zeth Windwrecker

More
2 years 2 months ago #365276 by Alethea Thompson
I’m on board. I’m still learning the ropes, and my time is limited to weekday early mornings, though. The oculus we have technically belongs to my son, and I work weekends.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
2 years 2 months ago #365279 by Ashria
Replied by Ashria on topic Virtual Reality Meetups
I have a oculus quest 2, what program were you thinking of trying, it would also help if we are friends on facebook (i think) so we can friend each other on the oculus.

Knight of the Order
House of Orion
IP Team Lead
Event Coordinator

More
2 years 2 months ago #365291 by Zeth Windwrecker
I've been using AltSpaceVR. Doesn't need your Facebook info, let's you search for friends by username. It's a great piece of software. I played basketball with my father in it the other night, and he lives 150 Km away from me. Felt like he was in the room.

The software even has a desktop version, so technically I do not believe a VR headset is even required to join.

https://altvr.com/

My name is Dalpal2013. Feel free to add me.

Zeth Windwrecker

“No, failure is not the end. It is a necessary part of the path” - Master Eno Cordova

“Our mistakes are in the past... It's about what we do next that’s important” - Cal Kestis, Jedi Knight

More
2 years 2 months ago #365294 by Zeth Windwrecker
Bumping this to make sure everyone sees it. We can all hang out in Virtual Reality, and you do not need a headset to participate.

The software has a desktop version

altvr.com/

My name is Dalpal2013. Feel free to add me.

Zeth Windwrecker

More
2 years 2 months ago #365296 by Fulcrum
Replied by Fulcrum on topic Virtual Reality Meetups
I’ve been trying to get the council to clear this for a while. I was gonna use VRChat and create a virtual temple for us. Just waiting on council approval.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Zeth Windwrecker

More
2 years 2 months ago #365298 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Virtual Reality Meetups

Fulcrum wrote: I’ve been trying to get the council to clear this for a while. I was gonna use VRChat and create a virtual temple for us. Just waiting on council approval.

Well let's see what the appetite for this is first. Then we can go from there

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
2 years 2 months ago #365300 by Chris-Tien
Replied by Chris-Tien on topic Virtual Reality Meetups
Once upon a time, we had a Jedi Temple in Second Life. It was fun to feel like we were together and doing things as a group.

The big challenge came in finding times to meet since people were in different time zones or had limitations around work and family.

I am certainly interested in what the next gen technology can do.

Be tough yet gentle, humble yet bold, swayed always by beauty and truth. - Bob Pieh

More
2 years 2 months ago #365301 by Zeth Windwrecker
VR Chat sounds like a good idea. I can help you start it, at least. We just won't call it TOTJO until we get approval.

We'll call it "Super Friends, And Zeth"

Zeth Windwrecker

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi