Jediism and drinking

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 days ago #351093 by
Jediism and drinking was created by
So I finished Become the Force by Daniel Jones and in it he says Jediists stay away from stimulants and alcohol because being in tune with the force is the only high they need. Not the verbatim quote but that is the general idea. Thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 days ago #351095 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Jediism and drinking
I see it more as not having ones senses inhibited because they are our source of information and the more info we have the better decisions we can make. I don't think a complete ban of anything is appropriate, but like all things should be enjoyed with care and concern. Some choose to leave a problem behind when they realize who they are makes these things dangerous to themselves, but others seem to have no problem being responsible. This should be a personal path decision and not dictated by an outside source.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 days ago - 4 years 4 days ago #351096 by
Replied by on topic Jediism and drinking
He does state that he personally doesn't drink because apparently people with aspergers have lower tolerance as a result. That being said, his book seems to be a more spiritual book as opposed to say Jediism Explain my Opie McCloud in terms of how its written. At least to me.
Last edit: 4 years 4 days ago by .

More
4 years 4 days ago - 4 years 4 days ago #351097 by Carlos.Martinez3
Every time I read things like this - I always ask ...
Which ones and why?
It’s questions like that than keep me asking.

Jedi do this : which one and for what reasons. ?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 4 days ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
4 years 4 days ago #351098 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Jediism and drinking
Those are good questions

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 days ago #351099 by
I assume you mean who am I referring to. The author of the book is Daniel Jones if that helps answer your question.

More
4 years 4 days ago #351100 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Jediism and drinking
Jedi is a big box.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 days ago #351101 by
That’s just his opinion. Technically any food you consume - sugar, caffeine, etc can have an effect on your mind. Of course if you need to stay away from alcohol, caffeine and sugar for health reasons and that makes sense. Wine, a beer, etc can have a very relaxing effect after a stressful day. I think for many people, stress is by far, is worse for making it difficult to connect to the force. The next statement might be seen as a little Darkside, but Have you heard the saying “smooth seas are fine for sailing, but poor for seamanship”? We are not always going to be in a perfect stress free state of mind. Perhaps learning to feel the Force even when we are pressured is something to consider?

More
4 years 4 days ago #351102 by Carlos.Martinez3

Deimos wrote: I assume you mean who am I referring to. The author of the book is Daniel Jones if that helps answer your question.

I know Daniel personally in ministry and in service. Which Jedi do you refer to? The question I ask is because there are so many statements that say Jedi do this or jedi do that and I always ask - which ?
Which Jedi stay away from alcohol and stimulants and for what reasons? They might not all be the same. I know, like Daniel - we are both on medication. So- that’s why I ask ? It’s not all the same for every one and even then, the Hero’s Journey never happens the exact same way all the time.
A lot of our doctorine is stated the same way - this yet that - why and how - are up to us.

Why do some stay away and some don’t ? How does it harm or help a ministry ? Does it ? Has it? Real questions not ever wrong but maybe a bit more than just ... do ya drink or do drugs for me...do ya dance when ya drink or do you call it under the influence ? Do Jeddist call it that when they drink ? Why not ? Hmmm good questions and thank you for the questions
Force continue to be with y’all

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 days ago #351103 by
Truth be told I'm not quite sure which "types", if you will, of Jedi myself. He just said Jediist; not specific other than that designation. I was just curious on what yall thought because as someone who does enjoy drinking caffiene, in the form of gfuel as my preferred method of waking up in the morning as I don't like coffee, and occasional drinking this seemed to get my attention.

Regardless thank you for your answers :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi