Dark side

More
4 years 1 month ago #350054 by Cheb
Dark side was created by Cheb
I would like to speak today on the dark side. By dark side, I mean the power of feelings and emotions and their impact on the human body.

It is a subject that I wish to update in my guide that I write and I think that your opinions on the subject could help me.

If we follow the Jedi teachings. We believe in the Force and what it has created. The Jedi code tells us about meditation and controlling emotions to allow the development of the body and the mind. We can therefore deduce that meditation and emotional control have a physical and mental impact. On the other hand the Force designed us with emotions, emotions which we must recognize are powerful. Anger, hatred, love, passion, jealousy are emotions of great power and they have an impact on the body and the mind. We can therefore deduce that in both cases, the emotions have an impact on the body but in two different directions.

The Sith code tells us: Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I have power. By power, I have power. By power, I have victory. By victory, I break my chains. The Force will set me free. There is no peace, there is anger. There is no fear, there is power. There is no death, there is immortality. There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side. When we look at history the greatest things like the worst were done by men and women who used these or similar emotions. So the Jedi wouldn't be in opposition to the Force? When we look at the world in which we live, we can ask ourselves the question.

I am a Jedi, I believe in Strength and Jediism, so I have the Jedi code and principles at heart, so I have my own point of view on the subject. But having yours would allow me to have a broader vision of the subject.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #350055 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Dark side
Have you ever had peace ? Truthfully ? Have you ever met some one who has ? Funny thing about peace sometimes I find - I would often say - why can’t I?
Light and dark good or bad can only describe what is there from where we sit. Our description of what we see - is one of many - think about that for a bit- 7.5 billion people tasting the same vinegar - expect variations. For me, I’m thankful that light and dark only exist in the cinematic world. In the “really real world off the line” things are... real. Learning a balance can be any modern day Jeddist bread and butter and learning to apply it in their real life can be a testimony no one can touch with a 12 foot saber- Pun intended.
You are talking to a guy here who grew up on the streets with gangs and violence served with your eggs and toast every day. The Dark side of my life is not the past. I don’t live there any more - my choice and my entire circle had benefit from it. Funny thing - it’s not a light or dark thing any more for me - cultivate and benefit are more frequent than the words describing sides now.
The best teaching I have found helps me is the non attachment one when I deal with things like this. When I begin to notice I’m labeling things more than using them...

4. Jedi are wary of attachments, both material and personal. The obsession over possessions and people creates the fear of losing those possessions and relationships which can cause ourselves to be trapped in a state of depression and loss.

I found when I apply that attachment to light and dark and stickers or labels like that - I return here - helps me anyway but like some one once said - people think nuns and monks are holy - we are just trying. A Modern day Jeddist is full of that - the trying. The seek. Keep seeking and keep finding. My inbox is always open. May the Force CONTINUE to be with you as we seek serve and share it.

What “side” did we just share ? Hmm maybe not a side at all but a Force - hmm

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
4 years 1 month ago #350056 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Dark side

Cheb wrote: The Jedi code tells us about meditation and controlling emotions to allow the development of the body and the mind.

We can therefore deduce that meditation and emotional control have a physical and mental impact.

On the other hand the Force designed us with emotions, emotions which we must recognize are powerful. Anger, hatred, love, passion, jealousy are emotions of great power and they have an impact on the body and the mind.

We can therefore deduce that in both cases, the emotions have an impact on the body but in two different directions.

The Jedi Code does not deny that emotions exist, nor does it wish to do away with them entirely. The key word is "control", which should not be misread as "surpress". The Jedi way is not one of surpressing emotions, but of understanding them and knowing how to guide them towards the results we want to see.

In that sense, there is no difference between the "dark side" as you defined it above, and the Jedi Code.

How does a real-world Sith measure success? You mention passion leading to power, leading to victory. Do you believe a Sith can achieve victory through uncontrolled power, through unreined passion?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm, Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #350057 by
Replied by on topic Dark side
I think its our approach and stuff to the force that makes the darkness in our lives. what it means is that if you fight against what it wants then the resistance creates like a friction and that friction is abrasive and does not feel good. going against the flow of the force. we have the free will to do so but its not the best way.

More
4 years 1 month ago #350059 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Dark side
This reminds me of a journal entry I posted on the topic of "The Shadow" (Carl Jung). Ipposted it as a self-directed lesson to research the concept of the dark aspects of the human psyche (emotions like fears, anger, passion and creativity, etc) and what role it plays in our lives. I hope you can find it helpful to this thread.

Warning: Spoiler!

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

More
4 years 1 month ago #350064 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Dark side
Just the subconscious control. If you want to control it you have to try a lot of ritual and repetition etc. You can let it control, or learn to find balance with it etc.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 1 month ago #350067 by Cheb
Replied by Cheb on topic Dark side

Manu wrote: How does a real-world Sith measure success? You mention passion leading to power, leading to victory. Do you believe a Sith can achieve victory through uncontrolled power, through unreined passion?

When we look at history and even recent history, we can see that emotions such as hatred and anger have led a man to surpass others and almost destroy the world. Admittedly his anger and hatred ended up being blind and we led to his loss, but the damage was considerable.

We can therefore deduce that a person's power can come from such emotions.

An angry opponent can win a fight quickly by using brute force over an unprepared opponent. Conversely, he can lose to a calm adversary prepared for combat.

For me the good and the bad is mainly a question of point of view, some think to do good but do bad and others think that an evil is necessary to do good. One cannot really judge the reasons but especially the acts. After revenge is considered an evil but for some it is "Normal".

Serial killers follow the Sith code without realizing it. They are driven by a thirst for anger, a form of power and control over their victims. Heads of state declare wars by sending soldiers, it is a form of thirst for control and sometimes anger.

If we look at the Jedi precepts, we can see that the dark side is present in each of us and unfortunately many on earth have rocked because they are by definition the opposite of everything we believe in.

I thank those who have already replied for their very informative sharing.

More
4 years 1 month ago #350075 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Dark side

Cheb wrote: When we look at history and even recent history, we can see that emotions such as hatred and anger have led a man to surpass others and almost destroy the world. Admittedly his anger and hatred ended up being blind and we led to his loss, but the damage was considerable.

We can therefore deduce that a person's power can come from such emotions.

Could you provide an example? I understand how will can transform into laser-sharp focus, and focus turns into success. But it still seems to me that this is harnessed emotion guiding the process.

Cheb wrote: Serial killers follow the Sith code without realizing it. They are driven by a thirst for anger, a form of power and control over their victims. Heads of state declare wars by sending soldiers, it is a form of thirst for control and sometimes anger.

Could you provide an example? I feel this statement is overgeneralizing the temperament and modus operandi of serial killers.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #350124 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic Dark side

This is the shameful secret of the Jedi: there is no dark side. The Force is One. The Force is everything, and everything is the Force. The Force does not take sides. The Force does not even have sides. Light and dark are no more than nomenclature: words that describe how little we understand. What you call the dark side is the raw, unrestrained Force itself: you call the dark side what you find when you give yourself over wholly to the Force. To be a Jedi is to control your passion... but Jedi control limits your power. Greatness—true greatness of any kind—requires the surrender of control. Passion that is guided, not walled away.

Leave your limits behind.

If your surrender leads to slaughter, that is not because the Force has darkness in it. It is because you do.

-- Matthew Stover (Traitor)

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Streen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm, Cheb

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi