Why are you here?

More
4 years 1 month ago #349500 by Zero
Why are you here? was created by Zero
Most people don’t realize how many of us are here at the temple pretty much every day but don’t post in the forums. Why? Because (for me anyways) this temple has changed so much since I joined over two years ago.

First and foremost the forum post. I find myself reading almost every post that goes up and I have the same thought every time. What was the point of that? When I first joined I could read a post and almost always learn something factual about the topic or the person posting it. Meditation techniques, ways to improve myself, some new piece of tech, personal post about the person writing the post. Now it’s endless back and forth about pointless, unrealistic, made up super powers, political opinions and endless nonsense that all ends the same way. Disappointment. I came here to LEARN! Not to watch everyone banter like a bunch of five year olds just to try to prove there right about a topic that dosent even matter to the Jedi way of life. My first teaching master Atticus was huge on me staying focused on what matters, finding the meaning in everything around me, and always learning. IMO this is no longer a temple or place to learn....it’s a place to argue about some of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen.

I dove heart/ head first into this way of life two years ago. Abandoned my religion (which I don’t regret) for the Jedi path and opened my eyes to the world around me. Started meditating regularly, and training my body for the first time since my army career ended. I soaked up the IP like a sponge and applied it to my life, and I am all the better for it. But I feel soo disheartened every time I come to this site just because I know it’s gonna be the same ol bunch of bull. And every day I’m right. My brothers and sisters hunting for reasons to argue with each other. And all too proud to just let it go, or god forbid, say I’m wrong. What’s wrong with saying , wow...cool point of view! Or saying I never looked at it that way. Instead it’s let me throw some made up facts at you, the call you an idiot for disagreeing with the made up crap that I just couldn’t resist typing.

Who cares! We need to come to the temple with open minds and open hearts. We all came here for a reason, and I promise you that reason wasn’t to “ be right” or to have fun fighting with someone one who’s supposed to be my brother/sister.

So here’s my challenge to TOTJO. Every chance you get, come to this thread, and post at least one thing you learned today at the temple. If your not taking something away from what’s being taught here then maybe it’s time to go. And p.s. if what your trying to push on someone isn’t inline with temple doctrine, then you definitely need to find somewhere else to push it. You wouldn’t walk into a Catholic Church during mass and tell everyone there idiots for not being Hindu. Don’t do it here!

Let’s see if we can get this temple we all love back to where it needs to be. A place of education, brotherhood, and faith in the force.I look forward to seeing who will post here and seeing what people are taking away from there time spent here. Private messages are always welcome. This however is not a discussion board. So no rebuttals to anything anyone post here with the exception of the knights corps and the council for educational purposes. Everyone else just post something you’ve learned.

Force be with you all!

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Gisteron, Carlos.Martinez3, Rex, zxSnake, Malicious

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #349503 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Why are you here?
I learned you are still around. And I am happy about that. I'll have to post more

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex, Zero

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #349504 by
Replied by on topic Why are you here?
Zero Storm,

I am new to this temple and I enjoyed this post. Most of what you said drew you to the temple is why I am here. I hope to learn from someone with your knowledge and passion, as well as from the IP.

Respectfully,
M.R.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #349505 by Malicious
Replied by Malicious on topic Why are you here?
I have learned a lot from this temple and from reading your post . I learned now I need to be mindful of my post and what I post . I learned that there are a lot of nice people on here trying to get points across but fail or are scrutinized for there beliefs . I learned to let go of emotions but not to abandon them all together . I have learned so much from this temple and everyone here and I hope to continue to learn . As well as this quote from Albert Einstein holds Merritt : " two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity though I don't know about the universe ". I am human and I make mistakes and I learned to apologise for those mistakes , not just keep making the same ones over and over again .

Thank you for this post it really opened my eyes to my actions .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Malicious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zero

More
4 years 1 month ago #349509 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Why are you here?
I learned that there are people around who unironically think that the Open Discussions subforum "is not a discussion board" but should instead be treated like the journal section. That was new to me.

Zero Storm wrote: This however is not a discussion board. So no rebuttals to anything anyone post here with the exception of the knights corps and the council for educational purposes. Everyone else just post something you’ve learned.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
4 years 1 month ago #349510 by Malicious
Replied by Malicious on topic Why are you here?
And I learned when first making my open discussion forums that the creator has every right to call the shots on the topic .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Zero

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #349517 by

Zero Storm wrote: Most people don’t realize how many of us are here at the temple pretty much every day but don’t post in the forums. Why? Because (for me anyways) this temple has changed so much since I joined over two years ago.

First and foremost the forum post. I find myself reading almost every post that goes up and I have the same thought every time. What was the point of that? When I first joined I could read a post and almost always learn something factual about the topic or the person posting it. Meditation techniques, ways to improve myself, some new piece of tech, personal post about the person writing the post. Now it’s endless back and forth about pointless, unrealistic, made up super powers, political opinions and endless nonsense that all ends the same way. Disappointment. I came here to LEARN! Not to watch everyone banter like a bunch of five year olds just to try to prove there right about a topic that dosent even matter to the Jedi way of life. My first teaching master Atticus was huge on me staying focused on what matters, finding the meaning in everything around me, and always learning. IMO this is no longer a temple or place to learn....it’s a place to argue about some of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen.

We need to go back to the old ways. I agree completely with this (though I am guilty of these things). I will no longer contribute to any forum posts or arguments that are superfluous to the Jedi way. How did this place get so off track?

More
4 years 1 month ago #349521 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic Why are you here?
My topic my rules.... if you can’t abide by them then don’t post! This is exactly what I’m talking about! Anything to get a smart assed comment in....if you can’t post about somthing u learned at the temple then keep your comments to yourself please!

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #349522 by
ZeroStorm is 100% correct.
This is an international Jedi community, not f'ing Reddit.
This place is about learning, espousing, and living the Jedi way.
Not arguing about pointless things that have nothing to do with the Jedi way.
We have become far too divisive.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #349524 by
I learned to be open minded and not cling to my opinion so tightly. However, what I found
disappointing is, as ZeroStorm said those word´s gunfight. I am very sensitive to this.
I am not avoiding nor refusing other people’s opinion which is different than mine,
but I think that people should communicate more with respect.
Seems to me, that if you want something to post you have to check it carefully with
all possible sides, otherwise...
I found out that here in TotJO aren´t just people over 18, but also under and that would explain
that kind of behavior.

Next thing I learned, is to regulate my negative emotions, nor express either suppress, but find
middle way through which they are processed with empathy. Then it doesn´t harm other people,
nor myself, thanks Proteus.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi