What is life ?

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #349627 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic What is life ?
Says who? ;) I'm not sure camp's exist enough to even have an argument yet... if one doesn't have an opinion it doesn't mean no opinion can be had, nor it be accurate.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Adder.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #349628 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic What is life ?
Hmm I sort of agree-ish with Alex here. Not in that "oh these things are way above any of our heads and rather unknowable" but with the part that "true" capital-O ObjectivityTM is not within our reach. The only nitpick I'd have is that this is the case with pretty much everything anybody ever discussed. Yes it helps being aware of that, but it doesn't really get us anywhere. So what if some capital-T TruthTM cannot be reached after any amount of the discussion? We can still learn from it. And I have yet to come across the topic/issue of which the same cannot be said. So it's a bit of a deepity, that objection. To the extent to which it is true, it's trivial, as it applies so universally as to lose all depth, and the extent to which it would be profound, i.e. actually saying something about how far we can indeed go it wouldn't be fair to say (as I'm sure Alex isn't saying) that we can't grow through this.

Otherwise yes. People much smarter than any of us have spent far more time than any of us discussing these topics throughout the centuries - arguably even millennia, albeit not with quite the same discipline throughout them all - and we'd be well advised ignoring less than absolutely all of it before congratulating ourselves for solving hard philosophical problems this way...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349637 by
Replied by on topic What is life ?
Agreed gist. It seems Alexandre puts forth nothing more than an assertion of ignorance.

More
4 years 2 months ago #349639 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic What is life ?
That isn't saying much either, is it, Fyxe. For you "it seems" everybody is doing that anyway, so nothing too special or condemnable about it. Any recognition of nuance is ignorance. Any amount of understanding of any subject is arrogance. And every second spent learning is a second wasted...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349643 by

Attachment images.jpeg.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #349648 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic What is life ?
Discussions forums are for discussions, whether it's history of others theories or exploration of experience in creation of own theories, or a mix, or another angle... not participating for fear of being wrong or sounding wrong is fine too.
What are we discussing again? :silly:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349651 by
We are discussing life. I've presented a pretty neato argument about that and then gist put in some interesting points. But then he accused me of being ignorant and arrogant because I did not lick his combat boots.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi