Is Trumps Boarder Wall Antithetical To Jedi Doctrine?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #349157 by
After reading a related post but having my questions sidelined by senior temple members on the grounds of being off topic, i thought I'd ask the question here.

Is Trumps boarder wall, which is a continuation of a project ongoing for decades responsible for countless deaths and discrimination on the basis of ethnicity and national origin, the antithesis of what the Jedi believe?

Jedi Believe
In the Force, and in the inherent worth of ALL LIFE within it.
In the SANCTITY OF THE HUMAN PERSON. WE OPPOSE the use of torture and CRUEL or UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT, INCLUDING the DEATH penalty.
In a society governed by laws GROUNDED IN REASON and COMPASSION, NOT in FEAR or PREJUDICE
In a society that DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and NATIONAL ORIGIN.
In the ETHIC OF RECIPROCITY , and how moral concepts are not absolute but vary by culture, religion and over time.
In the positive influence of spiritual growth and awareness on society.
In the importance of freedom of conscience and SELF-DETERMINATION within religious,POLITICAL AND OTHER STRUCTURES.
In the separation of religion and government and the FREEDOMs OF speech, ASSOCIATION and expression.

www.templeofthejediorder.org/doctrine-of-the-order#JediBelieve
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Br. John.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #349163 by JamesSand
When did it become cool to address threads on a public forum, accessible to the entire damn internet, to single individuals?

Warning: Spoiler!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #349164 by
I'm not sure what you mean. That was how the other one was worded.

see below
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/123483-critiquing-the-boarder-wall-for-br-john?start=0
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by .

More
4 years 1 month ago #349166 by JamesSand

I'm not sure what you mean. That was how the other one was worded.

Well, that's one way to do things I suppose.

Addressing a thread to a member (which is weird, but okay) that starts with a complaint about that member is...more weird?

Anyway, lets see where this goes -

No, a wall, is not anti..tht...etic...cal...I can't pronounce that, to Jediism - it ensures that both the USA and UMS governments are able to maintain effective control over their respective areas of responsibility, offering safety, security, education, healthcare, etc etc as they see fit and as supported by their populations according to their earnings, taxes, and so on.

The only thing better than a wall would be one country annexing the other to have consistent management across the entire region (lets say Canada annexes USA and Mexico, because everyone agrees that Monarchies are better than Republics)

More
4 years 1 month ago #349167 by Br. John

JamesSand wrote: When did it become cool to address threads on a public forum, accessible to the entire damn internet, to single individuals?

It's not. I corrected that before it got out of hand and should have on the other thread.

Founder of The Order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #349169 by
I'm specifically talking about the doctrine of this organization not "Jediism" in general as there are many Jedi communities. In case you havent read it before:

Jedi Believe

In the SANCTITY OF THE HUMAN PERSON. WE OPPOSE the use of torture and CRUEL or UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT, INCLUDING the DEATH penalty.
In a society governed by laws GROUNDED IN REASON and COMPASSION, NOT in FEAR or PREJUDICE
In a society that DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and NATIONAL ORIGIN.
In the ETHIC OF RECIPROCITY , and how moral concepts are not absolute but vary by culture, religion and over time.
In the importance of freedom of conscience and SELF-DETERMINATION within religious,POLITICAL AND OTHER STRUCTURES.
In the separation of religion and government and the FREEDOMs OF speech, ASSOCIATION and expression.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #349170 by

JamesSand wrote: When did it become cool to address threads on a public forum, accessible to the entire damn internet, to single individuals?

The better question would be, when did it become cool to angrily argue and debate over topics superfluous to the Jedi religion on a site promoting a doctrine of peace, compassion, knowledge, and understanding?
Personally, that has been annoying me a lot lately.
Every time I get onto this site, it seems like every other conversation in the forums turns into a pissing match, usually about subjects that have NOTHING to do with this community's focus.
Not very Jedi-like of us.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #349171 by JamesSand

My (more? Less?) jerky response is - Many members here are from the USA (or the UMS?) are might be trying to find a way to make Jediism (an important part of their identity) work with their politics (or find a way to use it to overcome their political opponents, either way)

I'd rather y'all spent your time wondering how to save the Great Barrier Reef, but if this is what y'all want to discuss, I'm here for you.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm

More
4 years 1 month ago #349172 by Br. John

CaesarEJW wrote:

The better question would be, when did it become cool to angrily argue and debate over topics superfluous to the Jedi religion on a site promoting a doctrine of peace, compassion, knowledge, and understanding?
Personally, that has been annoying me a lot lately.
Every time I get onto this site, it seems like every other conversation in the forums turns into a pissing match, usually about subjects that have NOTHING to do with this community's focus.
Not very Jedi-like of us.

It's also SPAM. This going on and on pretending to not understand hypotheticals and posting what's on our front page over and over, stops now

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #349173 by

KerouacsGhost wrote: I'm specifically talking about the doctrine of this organization not "Jediism" in general as there are many Jedi communities. In case you havent read it before:

Jedi Believe

The answer to your question would be a resounding YES.
This is clear.
Any answer otherwise would be contradictory to our doctrine.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi