Is the water live?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349269 by
Replied by on topic Is the water live?

Manu wrote:

Fyxe wrote:

Manu wrote: Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Though I can appreciate the ineffable aspect of "the Force"

This struck me as one of the most contradictory statements ever made!. Lol jedi here love their knowledge right? But then all over the doctrine here there are soft areas that skim over this tenet and ignore the actual fact that we dont really know anything about the force or consciousness or where the universe even came from. Every religion except this jediism has clear and exact descriptions of the nature of reality, how it got here, the agencies involved and the process done to make it. But the one religion that puts knowledge highest does none of this. Instead the doctrine is a few lines defined by a single person and put up as something we are all supposed to agree to. And when we disagree on those things its said well that's ok individual belief is great and not all has to be followed. But present something, anything outside of the realm of science and look out!!! You in for the fight of your life!!. Know why? Because the actual doctrine here doesnt really tell us anything at all. It's not a basis for a religion that people can get behind at all! There is nothing there but a bit of ghost turd fluff and so we are all left to try and define these things on our own instead of relying in a clear and concise written doctrine that we can start using as a base of common discussion. Instead we all just start wherever we are and let the wars rage!

How is the statement contradictory?

You seem to hunger for a coherent explanation regarding our origins and the mechanics of the world. You hunger for science, not religion, Haha.

Jediism as a religion is concerned with orthopraxy (how to behave) rather than orthodoxy (being told the nature of the world), and in general regard the different orthodoxies of world religions as archetypal expressions rather than hard truths.

Well if that's true then you have failed miserably at how to behave and your understanding of reality.
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349271 by

Adder wrote:

Fyxe wrote:

Adder wrote:

Fyxe wrote: NOPE, wrong on all counts.

Believe is not a choice or a tool. You cant choose what to believe in. it just happens

Yes you can, I do it all the time...so who is 'wrong'?

You are. What you are describing is faith not belief.

How would you know? Feel free to clarify your understanding and how that applies to me!

Because it's a fact that belief is not a choice. Either you are convinced of something or you are not convinced of it. That is belief. The other, faith, is choosing to follow a doctrine based on nothing more than desire. This is even different than worldview, which is also belief, something you have no choice in.
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #349275 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Is the water live?

Fyxe wrote:

Adder wrote:

Fyxe wrote:

Adder wrote:

Believe is not a choice or a tool. You cant choose what to believe in. it just happens

How would you know? Feel free to clarify your understanding and how that applies to me!

Because it's a fact that belief is not a choice. Either you are convinced of something or you are not convinced of it. That is belief. The other, faith, is choosing to follow a doctrine based on nothing more than desire. This is even different than worldview, which is also belief, something you have no choice in.

Why can't you change something your convinced of? That's the benefit of honesty and commitment.... discovery and positive growth vs defensiveness and stagnation.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3
More
4 years 2 months ago #349277 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Is the water live?

Fyxe wrote: Well if that's true then you have failed miserably at how to behave and your understanding of reality.

How so?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349279 by

Adder wrote:

Fyxe wrote:

Adder wrote:

Fyxe wrote:

Adder wrote:

Why can't you change something your convinced of? That's the benefit of honesty and commitment.... discovery and positive growth vs defensiveness and stagnation.

I dont believe I EVER said beliefs dont or wont or cant change. I have only ever said that you have no choice in believing a thing or not believing a thing at any point in time. It's a matter of being convinced or not convinced. That is all.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349280 by

Manu wrote:

Fyxe wrote: Well if that's true then you have failed miserably at how to behave and your understanding of reality.

How so?

I don't know, maybe you need to answer that question for yourself.
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #349287 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Is the water live?

Fyxe wrote:

Adder wrote:

Fyxe wrote:

Adder wrote:

Fyxe wrote:

Adder wrote:

I dont believe I EVER said beliefs dont or wont or cant change. I have only ever said that you have no choice in believing a thing or not believing a thing at any point in time. It's a matter of being convinced or not convinced. That is all.

You seem to believe that belief is forced upon by circumstance only... otherwise its a faith? I think faith is the type of trust associated with belief and don't make the same semantic distinction as you... because I've not found any difference in the quantity or quality of results possible from forced or created alterations in these things. Worldview most definitely can change by circumstance, but also be design, by choice... perhaps your different perspective is to the degree of control and placement of 'authority' to/over it, in the process. Same with belief... its believed while its a belief but once no longer believed is no longer a belief and does not require faith.. ie changed, ie can be used as a tool.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Adder.
More
4 years 2 months ago #349298 by Malicious
Replied by Malicious on topic Is the water live?
We all have our own personal definitions , beliefs , philosophies , and perception of this thing we call "reality" . The reason why most of us are here is to search for new knowledge and see if it aligns with our ("reality" ( what I stated in the previous sentence )) .

Most of us did not come here to argue about these things and have people ridicule us over own "reality" . So please don't let's keep everything civil whether it be my threads , yours , or anyone else's . There is a reason why I make pretty much all my threads open discussion topics because I want to learn . Whether it be from the content here or from the people themselves . We try to strive for peace in such a chaotic world , yet what we find are moments of peace then chaos in some form or another . Hold on to those blissful moments , cherish them . As well as the bad moments for no matter what you will always gain wisdom and knowledge . You choose if you want to accept what you learn or not . That's it , a simple choice of yes or no . The maybe that you think of as a third option is just you holding off of the answer of yes and no .

So that being said please don't start saying that one person is right while the other is wrong . Just because your "reality" doesn't Aline with the other person doesn't mean you can call them out . Accept what you believe and if you think the other person is not correct the so be it . In this matter I like the saying : let's agree to disagree (and leave it at that ) . If the conversation won't remain civil then you are not trying hard enough to keep it civil .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm,
More
4 years 2 months ago #349300 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Is the water live?
So ok Malicious, say you have your reality and I have mine. We interact, so there's something which encompasses both of our realities. Once would think this phenomenon (let's call it Seality) has rules which would in turn influence our realities no? Doesn't that Seality sound enticing? Wouldn't you much rather try and figure out if something is true in Seality than say "oh yeah even if it's false in your reality, it's true in mine."
So let's pretend we're answering this question in Seality

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm, Gisteron,
More
4 years 2 months ago #349304 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Is the water live?
The only ones dragging it off civility are the ones who get all emotional at the first sight of any kind of intellectual challenge. If "oh, that's a nice belief, here is mine" is all you want to hear, then I'm sorry, but "open discussion" is not what you seek. Neither is learning. That other people believe different things is not the last thing to learn, but the first. Once we can acknowledge that, the only way to grow further is by questioning ourselves and each other, find out why we believe as we do and what each of us might be overlooking. Who even came up with this notion of some kind of noteworthy growth that comes without any struggle?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi