multi-dimensional physics thread (for Gisteron) ;-)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349006 by
I'm trying to put it in simple terms. so most people understand . of course not everyone's going to .

I think most people have heard of the ying and Yang
Or let's say opposite's darkness light cold hot.

Yes we all enjoy televisions cars phones canned food
But on the opposit into there's imagination dreams thoughts.

And for some people the thoughts dreams turn into realities

One person May have thought of building the 1st boat in his mind and saw it there then with his hands he made it

Another person Thought his disease would just disappear in one day and the doctors do tests and it's true it actually disappeared first he thought it then it became real.

I'm trying to get some people to look at both sides of the spectrum for one.
And for 2 to think outside the computer screen.
Most people just memorize what other people have done before them, instead of actually using their mind to create new ideas new tools
A new inventions.
I wish everyone the best and May you be with the force

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349010 by
And Still Gist, you continue to side step my question. Why is that? What are you afraid of?

More
4 years 2 months ago #349012 by Gisteron
First of all, Fyxe, you declared that you don't care what I think anyway. So why are you now complaining about not reading what I think in a thread that never was about what I think?

But if you insist, let me remind you that you already asked the question in November, and I already answered it back then in my post #345464. What I did here in response to you, what you are now dismissing as "side-stepping", is make a brief reference that I did say something to address effectively the same question recently, so you'd know that you can go back and see what I said about it in what is a rather recent past. It's fine to not remember everyone's answer, nobody expects perfect memory from anyone. But making no effort to look it up even after you were notified that your question has been addressed recently (instead questioning whether your interlocutor is afraid of anything, because that's a charitable conduct I guess) is just plain lazy.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349014 by
I said I dont care what you think about MY idea, I never said I dont care about what your ideas are. In fact I have asked you many times. and some number in the middle of your post is useless and meaningless. you expect me to comb through like a billion posts to find that number or what?

i obviously didnt get a good response in november or whenever either so Im asking for better clairification. I want to know what you think and maybe, just maybe you might convince me that I am wrong and you might be right. Isnt that a better way to do things than you just bash my idea and then call me a weasel?

More
4 years 2 months ago #349015 by JamesSand

I said I dont care what you think about MY idea, I never said I dont care about what your ideas are. In fact I have asked you many times. and some number in the middle of your post is useless and meaningless. you expect me to comb through like a billion posts to find that number or what?

You're a git, but anyway , I focussed real hard and my guardian angel revealed to me the ancient wisdom, either that or stuff, especially stuff with a unique reference within a very specific search criteria is fairly easy to find. Hey look, it's even in a thread you created - https://templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/123079-i-want-to-know-what-is-the-force#345464

I actually got a kick out of reading that thread over my morning coffee. Beats the pants off of the reddit memes....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Amaya, Rex

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #349016 by Gisteron
If you didn't find how I answered your question to be a good response, fair enough. Unlike me with my query for evidence in this thread, you didn't specify what would qualify - or fail to - as a satisfactory answer in that thread. You just opened the thread back then with a lie about a yet older one, presumably in the hopes that the rest of this congregation wouldn't check to see recent history for context just like you don't, and then asked the question to all. It is a thread of your making, from November, asking to see perspectives/opinions about the Force. I could link you to it, seeing as I found it, after the dreadful labour of digging through like a billion of posts, but I just wonder if you are going to complain how everything you are too forgetful to recall and too lazy to look up isn't served to you on a silver platter. So, consider this a sort of experiment, if you will.

Edit: Aww, shucks, James! You ruined it as I was writing this! :D

But in case that you exceed my expectations and do make a minimal effort like someone who cares about the content of what is being said, by all means, post in it again, quote the passage from my message that you found to be unclear and I can try and explain myself in more detail, if there is more. Bear in mind, I have no ambition to convince you of anything. If anything, I'm trying to learn myself from it all more than to educate you. It's not about rightness of wrongness. It's about clarity of thought and communication, and about healthy ways to reason about things that matter beyond the strictly internal.

Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Rex

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349020 by
wow now Im lazy for not knowing how to do searchs. Do you tell your students gist they are lazy in your classes when they dont know how to do stuff? Or do you tell them they are liars when they get an answer that is wrong in your opinion. You must be a dream of a teacher.

you just cant help yourself can you, insulting people. well whatever, if I do it back then I will get called out on it so Im not going there. I just want to know what is the force to you?

You say the force is everything, well thats a stupid answer. we already have a name for everything, its called the universe. Why do you get to make up a special name for something and call it what you want and assign properties to it just beause you experienced some connection or something to it.? makes no sense to me. the force is NOT everything and you have no idea what you are talking about. Can you show to me that the force is everything?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349021 by
Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together and try to love one another right now.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349023 by
I agree we should all do a force hug.

It might be possible and very likely probable that everything is the force.
And we are all one "Echad" : )

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #349024 by Gisteron

Fyxe wrote: wow now Im lazy for not knowing how to do searchs. Do you tell your students gist they are lazy in your classes when they dont know how to do stuff?

No, you are lazy for making the excuse that it's too hard or something before even trying. If my students were demanding that I do their homework for them because they cannot be bothered to even attempt it, I would think them lazy, too. Though I probably wouldn't say it out loud, because a student-tutor relation is unbalanced. In class they are not my equals, so I cannot speak to them like they are my equals. I can treat you as an equal though, for I have no authority over you. You are not lazy for "not knowing", you are lazy for not bothering to find out. And that never looking anything up is what gets you to... well, this brings me to the next point

Or do you tell them they are liars when they get an answer that is wrong in your opinion.

No, of course not. As I did not with you. I did call you a liar, but never for being mistaken. I only call you a liar when you misrepresent what you or I or anyone else says, eventhough it'd be trivial, sometimes as trivial as scrolling up the thread by only two or three messages, to make sure not to. And you elect instead to not bother. That's on you.

I just want to know what is the force to you?

Well, you have been linked to it now. You have been given my answer on a silver platter. Are you going to read it? Let's see what you say next...

You say the force is everything, well thats a stupid answer. we already have a name for everything, its called the universe. Why do you get to make up a special name for something and call it what you want and assign properties to it just beause you experienced some connection or something to it.? makes no sense to me. the force is NOT everything and you have no idea what you are talking about. Can you show to me that the force is everything?

Evidently, you did not accept James' link to my response, gifted to you, so as to spare you the horrors of digging desperately through the proverbial haystack in search of a recent thread you started, only to find an answer you allegedly cared to read. But no, even clicking a link is too much work for you. Even reading a post is too much work for you. I never said that the Force was everything. Your refusal to read what people say made you into a liar once again, and now everybody who can be bothered to put in the heavy labour of clicking one bloody link can see it. Congratulations...

Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi