Jedi Order Additions!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346808 by
Jedi Order Additions! was created by
Ladies and Gentlemen! I would very much like your opinions on the following!

What are your people's opinions on some sort of Junior 'cadet' division inside of the Jedi Order? Specifically for minors.

This could introduce more ranks, a more in-depth understanding of the Order for the younger generations, a higher activity rating and more!
As an example, Air Cadets in the United Kingdom have ranks such as 'Cadet First Class' and 'Sergeant' as Non-Commissioned ranks. The primary idea behind the cadets, is to provide a fun club-like environment for kids, whilst further educating them on the subject. For example, I joined the Air Cadets because I had an interest in joining the RAF as an Engineering Officer. I'm still working towards this, primarily, and cadets helped to educate me further for such an occupation. Parades, classes, drill and more! We can incorporate a similar system, into the Order. Junior classes, fun activities, etc. By doing this, it'll allow them to learn from a young age how to follow the path of the Jedi if they so choose, whilst also introducing junior ranks allowing them to have a sense of achievement in their work and studies.

My other idea, is separate paths and divisions.

For example, there're multiple different 'paths' a Jedi may follow. Perhaps, a purely pacifist path. The Gray Order, encouraging and teaching balance and such.
These can be multiple paths, all under the Order as a whole. With heads of each 'path', more people may be able to follow Jediism as a whole and will be able to communicate with people with people with extremely similar ideas as them.

As with divisions, perhaps introduce various 'units'.

Security divisions such as the Youth Officers and 'Temple Guard' (ensuring there're no raids and focusing on enforcing the rules),
Service divisions such as guides and councillors (in the sense of helping people out, if they need it. Whether it's advice, questions & queries, etc)
Administrative divisions such as the High Council (allowing for a democractic system where representatives of multiple paths and divisions can come together to vote for various changes), general admins and moderators as well, server & website developers, etc.

Everybody's thoughts are appreciated, constructive feedback is welcome!

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346810 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Order Additions!
If their Parents would allow it, I wouldnt mind.
Information though should be aviable to them anyway.
As long as we dont start to abduct promising Children I think it's a good idea ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346811 by
Aye, that's a good point. There should need to be some means of parent-confirmation system in place, to ensure they're allowed to participate.

More
4 years 4 months ago #346812 by Raxicorico
Replied by Raxicorico on topic Jedi Order Additions!
Unless I'm misunderstanding, we do presently have the units you've described there, though I keep getting the impression they might be short-handed at the moment.
However, the separate paths idea is interesting. I'm sure a number of members would claim that every path is unique, it could be beneficial to have a more structured set of lessons for those interested, say, in a a pacifist path or a Gray Jedi path. At the upper levels there's a bit of the specialization that you are hinting at with the degree scheme. This does, however, open up potential partnerships with other Jedi/Force realist organizations that exist. Alternatively, have an education section that describes other organisations and mentions what skills/lessons they might have to offer that may not be offered at the temple. 12% of an idea right now but I think you might be onto something.
As for the youth, I suppose my first question is do we actually have enough youth at the temple to justify that kind of structure? My present understanding is that they have a separate forum but I'm not sure what else is currently done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3,

More
4 years 4 months ago #346815 by Carlos.Martinez3
We do - it’s finding people willing, able and qualified to take that position. There is a lot - a lot of rules and such with minors that goes along with it.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raxicorico

More
4 years 4 months ago #346857 by Malicious
Replied by Malicious on topic Jedi Order Additions!
I will happily volunteer when I get my IP done and started on the clergy studies ! Personally I think I can cover the " grey Jedi " path / Bendu path but others are perfectly welcome I would need help and shared responsibilities because I might not be able to respond right away to questions .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346861 by
I definitely like the idea of separate paths. May be it would be even possible to introduce a kind of specializations like the pathes of Guardian, Sentinel and Consular in canon - not a direct analogue but something that would help a Jedi to find his particular role in the Temple and in real life without having a responsible position. And also it would be interesting and useful to learn about different variations of Jediism.

More
4 years 4 months ago #346862 by Malicious
Replied by Malicious on topic Jedi Order Additions!

Rainbow Firefly wrote: I definitely like the idea of separate paths. May be it would be even possible to introduce a kind of specializations like the pathes of Guardian, Sentinel and Consular in canon - not a direct analogue but something that would help a Jedi to find his particular role in the Temple and in real life without having a responsible position. And also it would be interesting and useful to learn about different variations of Jediism.

Personally I think this is an amazing idea , but this might also divide the temple like the abrahamic religions , these religions have so much in common but fight over there differences . So if we proceed with this idea a little caution is advised .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346863 by
Hmmmm, okay, I haven't thought about that...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi