Something + Nothing = Everything

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #345643 by Rex
Maybe we're trying to use words differently from how they should be used. The negation of something (A) isn't necessarily the same as it's opposite. Even then, abstract ideas don't fit into logical rules which stand on their own (priori stuff).

Maybe people came up with concepts like thinginess because they had a need they wanted to fill. It's not as though every possible phenomena exists as a distinct entity and is just waiting to be named. We run into limitations of language around here.

Non euclidean geometry just means we get bendy with the manifolds. Euclidean geometry isn't wrong per se, It's just a specific set of rules that apply to certain cases (ones that are conceptually easy)

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Rex. Reason: The negation of a dog isn't a cat, but it is a not-dog
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Kobos,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #345644 by
Replied by on topic Something + Nothing = Everything
I still need to get back to Gisteron's longer post here, but catching a few recent shorter ones I am humored by where we are going.

I do not think I have ever been in a conversation which all in one stream discussed whether nouns are happenings, where Legos come from, and the thinginess of existence before. This is getting pretty good! :laugh: :laugh:

More
4 years 4 months ago #345654 by Gisteron
Also bear in mind that eventhough space (or space-time, as it were) is non-Euclidean on a grander scale, it is - at least according to the postulates of General Relativity - locally Euclidean, if the theory is to be taken seriously. This is a very strong, very narrow claim, too, because it necessarily follows that curvature and even higher modes of... let's call it anisotropy, I suppose... are always finite bar a null set of singularities. Every trajectory that does not pass through one is therefore smooth, continuously differentiable by arbitrarily high orders. This means that any theory that proposes a wider discontinuity in mechanics is (to that extent) in some conflict with GTR. This doesn't necessarily preclude point-like mass concentrations but things would surely be a lot easier if there weren't any.
This is what people mean when they say that General Relativity is a field theory. It follows the tradition of hydrodynamics and electrodynamics before it, modeling the world as nice and smooth and easy to handle mathematically, without those pesky discretization artifacts.

[/nerdy stuff]

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #345655 by
Ow Rex you are so right , i have been talking about "things" because i assumed ( yeah silly , never assume righ?) that we were all talking about the same thing :lol: namely ,,,,Matter

A popular argument is that both matter ( the one i have been referring to as Things ) and energy are variations of the same thing. Each can convert into the other. ... Even when matter and antimatter annihilate each other, they produce energy, in the form of photons, which are quantum units of light. If you were to build a molecule out of atoms, you wouldn't be creating matter. But i am not sure that that is the Energy others are refering to in this thread.

Neither do i think that you are wrong or right when you say that time in space is or or is not Euclidic , the point of discussions is to grow in understanding even if it confuses you at first, Time is not a constant , nor can we measure it when we are not on this planet so i think Gisteron is right in one sense but i have to figure out the Euclidic measures every time i step on another planet? Maybe i am simplifying things for the sake of argument ..

This discussion is certainly bringing a lot of questions but that does not Matter because it gives me Energy :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #345663 by
james ok so I got in big trouble for this last time but basically the way I see reality is as 10 dimensions that spans 7 worlds. the world we experience is just the 7th one and there are 6 above that and at the highest is the force. it basically took of itself and shattered itself into a million pieces and sprinkled them down through the dimensions to create the worlds and us as life.

kobos I agree about the idea of the web. I think the shattered pieces are actually connected just like that. it is force gift that we need to use to restore ourselves to one whole thing again. we can either realize this and pull the strings ourselves to reconnect or we may choose to not see this and then others will have to pull their strings and make them come back together.

I dont know about the shoe and the toaster... and whether the shoe should make friends with the toaster or the ankle. but if I was asked which I would say well its the shoes decision on which one she wants to make friends with. why are we, who are not the shoe, contemplating what is best for the shoe? we dont have the knowledge or expertise or experience to make that call! lol

More
4 years 4 months ago #345664 by Gisteron
Well, it's a bit more nuanced than that. You didn't get in trouble for seeing reality the way you do. Here is a link to the thread in question in case any future reader is curious what really went on.
Granted, you did equate the initial "levels of consciousness" with "dimensions" at some point in the course of that thread, and they were ten initially, but after Omhu proposed seven you went on to base something like six or seven-ish types of awareness yourself with the Force being the highest, much like it is the highest of your now seven worlds. It is a bit confusing, what with the numbers not matching up and numerous different terms being thrown around and equated with no declaration as to what any of them mean, but it is what it is, and it is an entertaining read at that, regardless.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
4 years 4 months ago #345673 by Streen
Call me agnostic if you like, but I think that no matter how much you learn about the Force (and there is a lot to learn... and unlearn) it will always exceed your grasp. It can't BE grasped entirely. It's like water. You can't grip it, or it will slip through your fingers. Cup your hands instead, and you can hold onto it, and even drink it.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #345674 by

_Vergere_ wrote: Call me agnostic if you like, but I think that no matter how much you learn about the Force (and there is a lot to learn... and unlearn) it will always exceed your grasp. It can't BE grasped entirely. It's like water. You can't grip it, or it will slip through your fingers. Cup your hands instead, and you can hold onto it, and even drink it.

Hi Agnostic :P

Good point, but i hope its not keeping you from discussing it. There are so many things we cannot grasp ...

More
4 years 4 months ago #345676 by Gisteron
And so many we can, too, if we could only be bothered...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Rex,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #345681 by
Well gisteron let me clarify.

There are 10 dimensions.
The 10 dimensions span 7 realms, or worlds, or levels of consciousness.
The bottom realm is the one we exist in and the one we perceive through 4 of the dimensions.
The upper realms encompass things we need to begin to perceive. They also correspond to the 7 chakras. Our 7 chakras have a counterpoint, one in each realm. We need to learn to use that chakra and thus see that realm. The process brings a reunification of the broken parts of the force.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi